Template

Sunday, July 9, 2017

'Tis The Season For Fresh Fruit & Salad With Peaches

We've been going through a lot of fresh fruit around here lately!
My countertop has been overflowing with pineapple, watermelon, mangoes, cherries, grapes, plums, dragonfruit, peaches...pretty much whatever I can get my hands on!

I mean seriously...$1.48/lb for cherries?
Uh, yes.
I think I'll take two giant bag-fulls and not even worry about weighing them at the store- I've been eating my weight in cherries lately with that kind of markdown from their normal prices!

 My husband has been stuck on peaches.
I love peaches too (try the Molasses Grilled Peaches I shared last summer- SO GOOD!), but he's been really into them this year.  He tends to forget that they're sitting there on the counter and doesn't really just slice one up to eat it, but he LOVES it when I cook with them, like when I made that Grilled Prosciutto and Peach Flatbread Pizza recently.

So I've been hunting for recipes.

When I found a really delicious-sounding recipe for a Spinach Salad with Peaches and Pecans I knew I had to make it- I had everything on hand (minus the dressing, more on that in the next post!) so it kind of felt like fate.

Baby spinach in the fridge, peaches on the counter, an (increasingly) small number of pecans left in the freezer from my amazing in-laws.

Yep, this salad was happening!

Honestly, there's not much to say about the prep for this one, especially since I started with pre-washed ready-to-use baby spinach.

I just plated the spinach, added peach slices, topped with chopped pecans, and drizzled with the poppyseed dressing- incredibly simple.  I think this could also have been good with a little blue cheese or goat cheese, but it was also delectable without it.

Enjoy!


3/4 C pecans
2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
4 C baby spinach, rinsed and dried

1. Peel peaches (if desired) and slice into bite-sized segments. Combine peaches, spinach and pecans in a large bowl. Toss with dressing until evenly coated, adding a little additional dressing, if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!