Template

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tennessee Sausage 'N Cheese Dip

When I was perusing the list of McCormick's 50 Dips for 50 States I was immediately drawn to the recipe for Tennessee Sausage 'N Cheese Dip.

Why?

Well, we've discussed before my family's love of queso.  It's not at all uncommon to find a bowl full of Velveeta and Ro*Tel melted together for a quick and yummy cheese dip on nights when I serve Mexican food, but sometimes I like to mix it up.  My husband and daughter are especially partial to Mexican White Queso Dip and I've made Chili Cheese Dip at times too.

I knew they'd definitely be on board for this sausage-loaded version!

To be honest I've never seen a version of cheese dip quite like this one.  It's a riff on the classic Velveeta and Ro*Tel combo- but this one includes sausage and a packet of pork gravy mix.

Yes, you read that correctly.

I've got to say, though, that this one was definitely a hit!  Both the seasoning packet and the browned sausage added a great depth of flavor to standard queso.  It came together quickly and I already had everything I needed on hand except for the seasoning packet, which made it even more convenient!

I served this with tortilla chips but it would be equally great with some sturdy ridged potato chips or dumped over a plate of fries or tots.

Dig in!


1/2 lb ground pork sausage (such as Odom's Tennessee Pride®)
2 Tbsp butter
1 C milk
1 package McCormick® Pork Gravy Mix
8 oz processed cheese product (such as Velveeta®), cubed
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as Ro*Tel), undrained

1. Brown sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Set aside.

2. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in milk and Gravy Mix with a whisk. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Stir in cooked sausage, cheese and tomatoes. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.



 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!