Template

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ridiculously Easy Chili Cheese Dip

Sunday afternoons are often when I find myself playing around with fun recipes.  Maybe it's a holdover from football season or maybe it's just because Sunday afternoons are a bastion of easy-going restfulness post-church and pre-Monday.  Whatever the reason, regardless of the season they tend to be a time for dips, wings, and all things fun.

We always have tortilla chips around the house (Mission brand, triangle shaped- no exceptions) because my son and his weird food issues demand them.  Because of this dips are kind of a no-brainer when looking for fun lazy Sunday foods.  When I was faced with a list of delicious-looking recipes from Hormel as part of their Allrecipes partnership recently I immediately went for the dip- though I must admit, those Super Loaded Chili Potato Skins really tempted me and might just have to be in my next Super Bowl snack lineup!

So this past Sunday I set to work on this Chili Cheese Dip recipe.
That may be a bit of an overstatement, as this is the recipe paraphrased-
Dice Velveeta®.  Add can of Hormel® Chili.  Heat.

Yeah...doesn't really get much more simple than that.

Anyway, so I made the recipe as-written and we liked it but thought it could be better.  We wanted it to be a little less thick and a little more spicy.

So I played around with it.
Because that's what I do.

I added a second can of chili (btw this stuff is really satisfyingly flavorful.  I'm hard to please when it comes to canned food!), some milk, a can of green chiles, and then finished it off with a few jalapeños.  Honestly, even if you don't like a lot of heat I'd still make all of those changes, maybe just leave out the jalapeños.  The changes made it a little thinner and more dippable and added that extra flavor that we were craving.
So yummy!

Those changes really put this recipe over the top.  Not only was this delicious with chips (and the nachos I made for my husband who has dubbed me the Nacho Queen) but I bet it would be yummy on baked potatoes or hot dogs too.

I know, I know- not health food.
But definitely delicious fun food.  :-)

Enjoy!


2 (15 oz) cans HORMEL® Chili with Beans
1 (16 oz) Velveeta®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
1/4 C milk
2 Tbsp diced jalapeños

1. In medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together all ingredients; cover.  Microwave, stirring once, 4 1/2 to 5 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla or corn chips, if desired.



 Disclaimer


I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!