Template

Monday, March 6, 2017

Jersey Disco Fry Dip

I have such a fun Allstars assignment this month, guys!

I get to work with McCormick- you know the spice company.  They've created a bunch of game day dips- one for each state.  Yep, 50 Dips for 50 States.  We're talking Smoked Salmon Dip for Alaska, Lobster and Spinach Dip for Maine, Cincinnati Chili Dip for Ohio...you get the idea.

While I definitely don't have the time- or the metabolism- to make my way through all 50 of them in one month I've made a couple of them already and I plan on making my way through a bunch more because most of them sound so fun!

I started out this weekend with Tennessee Sausage 'N Cheese Dip and Jersey Disco Fry Dip and we enjoyed both of them.  More about the cheese dip in my next post- lets lead with the disco dip, shall we?

I'm sure you've heard of poutine before- fries with brown gravy and cheese curds.  Well, disco fries are apparently fairly similar.  From what I can tell they're a regional specialty of Northeast New Jersey.

Full disclosure- I've never set foot in New Jersey.

That being said, from what I can gather they're fries covered with brown gravy and gooey mozzarella cheese.
What's not to like, right?

Nothing.  The answer is nothing.

So McCormick pretty much kept all of the ingredients the same between this dip and normal disco fries- however rather than smothering the fries with gravy they melted the mozzarella into the brown gravy to make a cheesy, gooey dip before topping the whole thing off with a little more mozzarella for good measure.

I served the dip with waffle fries rather than regular french fries because it seemed like they'd be better for dipping!  I was right, btw.  I'm guessing the original is wonderful with regular fries eaten with a fork but for dipping purposes the stronger, wider waffle fry definitely won out.  :-)


1 (.87 oz) package McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix
1/2 C milk
1/2 C water
1 C shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
French fries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir milk and water gradually into Gravy Mix with whisk in small saucepan.

2. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture has thickened slightly. Spoon into 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.

3. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with French fries.


 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!