Template

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms and Writer's Block

I made these mushrooms over a month ago, easy.
I've been trying to figure out what to write about ever since!

Generally when I post something I have some sort of loose association between the recipe and life that gets me writing.  Not going to lie- I've got nothing.

I thought about a tie-in with the marinated mushrooms that my mom makes for their Christmas party every year.
*yawn*

I thought about mentioning that I've always kind of wanted to buy one of those mushroom growing kits.
*yawn again*

Gotta be honest guys- I've got nothing.

Nothing except for one delicious recipe, that is.  ;-)


So a couple of weeks ago I shared Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms with you- today I bring you Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms.

I'm always on the lookout for a good stuffed mushroom recipe.  Much like jalapeƱos, you can cram any number of things inside of a mushroom while keeping the carb count low and the flavor high.

These mushrooms are certainly no exception!  Between the flavorful cream cheese filling and the tasty crisp bacon the taste is spot on and immensely satisfying.  I certainly couldn't stop at just one!  Or two, for that matter...

They're delicious!

I made them twice in the same week they were so good- and for someone who is habitually on the lookout for new recipes and rarely makes the same thing twice- that's quite a compliment to this recipe.  :-) The few that were leftover from each batch were even good cold straight from the fridge the next day!  :-)

Personally I think they're kind of cute, too- they'd definitely look nice on an appetizer tray for your next get together.

That's it guys, that's all I've got for today.  I decided to stop sitting on this recipe and hoping for great writing inspiration to come along.  Enjoy the pictures and the yummy recipe!


1/4 C green onions
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
20 fresh button mushrooms, stems removed
1 lb sliced bacon, cut in half

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the green onions and cream cheese . Stuff mushroom caps with the cheese mixture. Wrap each mushroom with a half-slice of bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet.

3. Bake for 40 minutes (I've made these twice and both times took 40 minutes however the original recipe calls for 20- use your best judgement based on thickness of bacon and personal preference!) in the preheated oven, until the bacon is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!