Template

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Crescent Pizza Rolls and Much Needed Kiddo Time

Guys, it's been such a wonderful Christmas break.

My shop has been on vacation for two weeks.

Two weeks.

That just doesn't happen.  But I've got to tell you...I needed the breather.
I needed to slow down and enjoy my kids.
I needed to tickle them and cuddle with them and watch Christmas movies with them.

It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day.
The frustrations of being pulled in a million directions at all times and trying to do it all well.

I have enjoyed every last second with my kids.
Haha just kidding.  Not every last second, I'm not quite that much of a super mom.  I try...and I fail.
But I did enjoy almost every second with my babies.  They're getting so big so quickly these days and I honestly try to savor every minute.
It's been a great couple of weeks.  :-)

My oldest spent New Year's Eve at her best friend's house this year.  I'm so happy that she has great people in her life- but can I just admit it's hard to let her go for those big moments like New Year's Eve?  I just want to love on her forever and it's bittersweet to see her grow up into such a beautiful and intelligent young lady.

She had been talking about spending NYE at her friend's house for well over a month.
Daily.
She was so excited.

She really wanted to contribute something to the festivities food-wise and as usual I was thrilled to see her getting excited about being in the kitchen.  I found several fun-food options on Pinterest for her to choose from and she chose these incredibly easy pizza rolls from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

It just doesn't get much easier than this recipe!

I did make the sauce from scratch because, well...that's just me.  I still have a shelf full of tomato sauce from my homegrown tomatoes and few things are better than the marinara that comes from them.  The pizza rolls, though?

Those were all my girl's.
So, are you ready for these incredibly difficult directions?
Ok, here goes...
Cover a triangle of crescent roll dough with about 6 slices of pepperoni.
Put half of a stick of string cheese at the large end of the triangle and roll it up.
Bake.
When the rolls come out of the oven immediately brush them with the garlic butter mixture.

There you go.
Doesn't really get much easier than that, does it?

I'm thinking these will make PERFECT Super Bowl snacks!
That's right.  I said it.  Super Bowl.
As of today we have 33 days of snack prepping until the big day.
Time to get to work!

Seriously though, these were easy enough that my daughter handled them from start to finish with minimal instruction from me.  The older she gets the more I'm trying to teach her to be self-sufficient in the kitchen.  Both so that she can enjoy her time learning skills in the kitchen with me and so she doesn't have to eat takeout every night as an adult.  We know how I feel about the importance of being able to cook.  :-)

Anyway, while my husband, my youngest, and I watched the Twilight Zone marathon (it's tradition!) and hung out in our PJ's my daughter had a smashing time with her friend's family.  I've seen pictures- they had an absolute blast.
Think she'll leave me some pizza rolls next time?  :-)

Enjoy- and Happy New Year!

Crescent Pizza Rolls

Pizza Rolls:
2 (8 oz) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 cheese sticks, halved
2 (3.5 oz) package sliced pepperoni
Marinara for dipping

Garlic Butter Sauce:
1/4 C butter, melted
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Marinara sauce for dipping

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.  Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.

2. While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.  When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter sauce. Serve with marinara for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!