Template

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza

When Allrecipes asked some of it's Allstars to come up with new recipes using the Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven they gave us a few requirements, two of which were that the recipe had to have no more than 5 ingredients and be done- start to finish- within 30 minutes.

Now, there are a lot of fun things you can do with the CIO but staying within those guidelines really allowed us to highlight just how wonderful it is for quick and easy meals.

I went with pizza because, well, I love pizza.

Aaaaallll kinds of pizza.

What's not to love, right?

White pizza...veggie pizza..Hawaiian pizza (pile on the pineapple please!), froufrou pizzas with fancy toppings...thick crust, thin crust, in between crust...

I can't recall ever meeting a pizza I didn't like to be honest with you- I'm fairly certain I'd even be cool with anchovy pizza if I ever try it.

Spoiler alert: this pizza does not have anchovies.  :-)

5 ingredients, 30 minutes, one appliance.
I was up for the challenge!

I started out with chicken breast and cooked it with the handy grill function on the CIO.  I have really come to love that grill function!  My husband is the grill guy around here (I know, look at me turning the clock back on feminism, right? lol) and using the CIO lets me grill things in a pinch when he's not home.

After a quick grill in the CIO I tossed the chicken with BBQ sauce.

Next up, the crust.  I unrolled a pre-made pizza crust from the store onto the still hot grill pan, spread some more sauce on the crust, topped with red onion, cheese, and the chicken, and cooked it using the pizza setting of the Auto Cook function.
I hate to sound like a commercial, so I apologize in advance, but I loooooove the way this thing cooks  and even reheats pizza.  The bottom gets crisp like it's straight out of the oven at a pizza place, it's fantastic.  

So, are we keeping track?  Chicken, BBQ sauce, red onion, cheese, and crust.  Yep that's 5 ingredients and definitely ready to feed a hungry family in less than 30 minutes!  You could easily follow this same cooking method with different toppings, I was just so impressed with how well everything cooked up!

Looking for another quick and easy CIO-friendly recipe?  Check out my post on the Caprese Chicken recipe one of my fellow Allstars created!


1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied
3/4 C barbecue sauce, divided
1 (10 oz) container refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 C thinly sliced red onion
1 C shredded Mexican cheese blend

1. Preheat Panasonic(R) Countertop Induction Oven to High on the "Grill" setting.

2. Place chicken in the grill pan. Cook chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 10 minutes. Remove cooked chicken from grill pan and chop into small pieces.

3. Transfer chicken to a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup barbeque sauce to coat.
Open and unroll prepared pizza crust while the grill pan is still hot. Lay flat in the grill pan. Spread remaining barbeque sauce over the crust. Top with sliced onion and chicken; sprinkle Mexican cheese blend on top.
4. Place pizza in the oven and press "Auto Cook." Select the pizza setting, 12-inch size. Allow pizza to cook until timer goes off, about 13 minutes, or until pizza reaches desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!