Template

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Super Snacks for the Super Bowl: Pigs in a Blanket

This one's for my daughter :-)

As I was jotting down a list of snacks I wanted to cover on the blog my daughter leaned over my shoulder and said, "Mommy, will you please write about pigs in a blanket?  PLEASE??"

Now...pigs in a blanket, in my mind at least, hardly even qualifies as a recipe.

They're delicious.  They're easy.  They're popular.

They're two ingredients.

I scrunched up my nose and said, "um...well...we'll see..." and tried to change the subject, but she wasn't budging.

"Pleeeeeease Mommy, for me?  Pleeease???" 
And then she batted her eyes.
Those blue eyes get me every time :-)

So, with no further ado, let me introduce you to pigs in a blanket- the easiest Super Bowl snack ever, other than dumping a bowl of chips in a bowl, that is...

Pigs in a Blanket

2 tubes Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls
1 package Hillshire Farms® Lit'l Smokies

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Roll out tube of crescent rolls on baking sheet and press together seems.  Cut into 18 equal pieces.

2. Wrap one strip of dough around each Lit'l Smoky.  Repeat with remaining tube of dough.  Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!