Template

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Egg Salad- My Favorite Weird Sandwich

Egg salad sandwiches are weird.

Squishy, mushy, eggs squashed between two pieces of bread.

But I do love them so :-)

Click to see the recipe on Allrecipes.com
I remember potlucks after church as a kid, I have no idea who it was but some wonderful soul always brought a platter of egg salad sandwiches that had been cut into perfect little triangles- which I proceeded to inhale as if they were the last egg salad sandwiches I would ever see...

Have you ever cringed at a pre-packaged egg salad sandwich in a gas station and wondered what disgusting person would purchase such a thing?  I mean someone has to, or else they wouldn't keep selling them...
yep.

Me.  I buy them.  I know it's gross, and I buy them with such shame...yet really, they are second only to a sack full of Krystal burgers as my favorite guilty road trip pleasure.

So anyway, I've been on a diet for a while (couldn't tell from all of the stuff I make though, I'm sure...) and I made an amazing potato salad for my family.  I love potato salad.  I love carbs.  I'm a carbaholic.  Anyway, this potato salad was LOADED, just full of goodness.  Bacon, celery, pickle relish, the perfect creamy seasonings, and hard boiled egg.  I found myself trying to stick to my diet by eating around the potatoes in my potato salad because the rest of it was just so darn good.

Yes, I tried to avoid the potatoes in potato salad.  lol Don't judge.  

Anyway, it struck me that what I was actually eating was pretty much just the most delicious egg salad I'd ever eaten in my life, and it was at that moment that Loaded Egg Salad was born...

Nom nom nom...

Really, it's my favorite egg salad in the whole entire world- and I've had a lot of egg salad in my life.  Lets just add it to the list of things I'm a little crazy about with chicken salad and pineapple.

It's just...perfect.  

I love it- and apparently there are a lot of you out there that love egg salad too, because my admittedly unattractive picture of it has been pinned about a billion times from an obscure board with few followers- I'm going to be pinning it to the Allrecipes Allstars board to share it with even more egg salad lovers out there!

You can find the recipe over at Allrecipes.com by clicking on the picture or at the bottom of the post- enjoy!

Loaded Egg Salad

8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 stalks celery, minced
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/4 C yellow onion, minced
1 1/2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 tsp sriracha
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp dried dill
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
12 hard boiled eggs, shells removed

1. Combine all ingredients except eggs in large mixing bowl, stir to combine.

2. Add eggs to bowl, break eggs and yolks with a potato masher.  Stir to combine.  Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!