Template

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

An Exception to the Rule

I mentioned before that, as a general rule, I dislike pre-made sauces.
Often, they are over-priced, over-salted, and lacking genuine flavor.

Is that harsh?  
Yeah, maybe.  But true, nonetheless.  For less money and not much of a time investment, one can generally do much better cooking from scratch.

Herdez cooking sauces are a big exception.  Those I stock up on.
I keep several varieties on hand- and for good reason.  The Allstars program partnered with Herdez earlier this year, and I'm not sure how I forgot to share this with you!

Click to see the recipe on Allrecipes.com
I'd say most of the ladies in the Allstars program are pretty tough critics of products like this, so if they can win us over you know these are products worth buying.  Herdez (Mexico's #1 brand of salsa) makes four varieties of cooking sauce- Roasted Pasilla Chile, Tomatillo Verde, Red Guajillo Chile, and Traditional Chipotle.

They are ALL wonderful.  As in, straight out of the jar, full of flavor, awesomeness.  In a hurry, they're great just heated and tossed with meat and veggies.  If you have a little more time, they make for an excellent ingredient in many types of dishes.  The best part?  Even my small town grocery store carries them!

Personally, I created three different recipes using the sauces.  All three are available on Allrecipes.com, but one of them was even published by Herdez on their site!  

Click to see the recipe on Allrecipes.com
The recipe Herdez chose to publish is for my Three pepper Cheesy Stuffed JalapeƱos.  These little guys are so freaking good, I've made them repeatedly as both an appetizer and a side dish.  They've been reviewed quite a few times on Allrecipes.com and have maintained a 5 star rating!  I have to say, I'm pretty proud of them.  Forgive the picture...not one of my best :-)

The next recipe I created was a Mexican take on eggs benedict.  I used shredded pork instead of canadian bacon and created a hollandaise sauce using the Tomatillo Verde variety of cooking sauce.  Another hit!  My husband absolutely loved them!
Click to see the recipe on Allrecipes.com

My final recipe was a fun one- sweet and spicy work so well together!  I absolutely love caramel corn- it's a weakness of mine.  I could seriously eat bags of it if given the opportunity!  I'm kind of known for it and send it with my husband for his coworkers every time he goes on a business trip.  I decided to combine my love of caramel corn with Herdez' Red Guajillo Chile cooking sauce and added a drizzle of dark chocolate.  Fanfreakingtastic, gotta say!

These sauces are really, really exceptional products, and I'd highly recommend them.  They're truly one of the most flavorful sauces I've ever tried from a jar- no doctoring needed!  You can find the entire collection of Herdez recipes on Allrecipes.com here.
 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!