Template

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Never Too Early for Leftovers?

This month as part of the #AllstarsLeftoverChallenge I was asked to try Kraft's recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole.  Though I don't technically have any "leftovers" since we're still a few weeks away from Thanksgiving, I was more than happy to have a little pre-Thanksgiving feast (as I was last year, as well!).  

Click to see the recipe on Allrecipes.com!
Besides the taste, I think the best part of this recipe is how versatile it is.  You really could toss in whatever you have left.  No mashed potatoes?  Sub sweet potatoes.  Use carrots.  Use green beans.  Add cranberry sauce.  Whatever.  Literally- whatever is left from your Thanksgiving table can go in this one!
I pretty much followed this to the letter, though, since I was making this before any random leftovers existed!

It starts with a base of stuffing with creamy layers of turkey and veggies.  It's topped off with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese before being baked.

My husband can be picky.  For the most part, he's a great sport with my cooking adventures, but I always watch his face closely as he takes the first bite of anything, hoping that he'll enjoy it.  He's much more "meat and potatoes" than I am.

Apparently this recipe fit the bill, because the man had two large servings and then took more to work for lunch today. 

And my daughter?  She's insanely picky when it comes to food.  When I make something she's actually excited bout it's a thrill.  This was one of those dishes.  Not only did she scrape her plate clean but she asked me to send it in her lunch today!  Woo-hoo!

With Thanksgiving coming up, and lots of leftovers in my future, this recipe will DEFINITELY be served in our house again soon!  I'm including the recipe at the bottom of the post, or you can click on the picture above to find the recipe at Allrecipes.com!

Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole
1 6oz. package STOVETOP Stuffing mix for turkey
4 C chopped leftover roasted turkey
2 C frozen mixed vegetables
3/4 C KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise or MIRACLE WHIP dressing
3 C leftover mashed potatoes
1 C KRAFT shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp paprika

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Prepare stuffing as directed on package; spread onto bottom of 13x9" pan coated with cooking spray.

3. Combine turkey, mixed vegetables, and mayo; spoon over stuffing.

4. Mix potatoes and cheese; spread over turkey mixture.  Sprinkle with paprika.

5. Bake 30-40 min or until heated through.

 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!