Template

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Pre-Thanksgiving Feast


When I was little holidays were the one time when everyone came together.  All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins would come together at my grandparents' house.  Good smells filled the air, the kids had their own table, and the adults ate in the dining room (the ONLY times I remember anyone even going into the dining room were holidays...).  These days, life is different.  My grandparents have long-since passed and cousins have scattered across the country.  In fact, I haven't even been in the same state as my parents for Thanksgiving for 10 years now.  I've had to make my own memories and traditions with my own little family.  Every year my husband tries to convince us that it will be easier for everyone just to brave the crowds at a restaurant on Thanksgiving instead of going to the trouble of cooking a million dishes.  :-) Every year, I shoot him down.  


I LOVE the cooking!

I love the juggling act with all of the things I'm cooking, the smells that fill the house, listening to my daughter laugh with delight at the Macy's parade while I prepare food from the kitchen.  For me, Thanksgiving is all about the food and my family and I can't imagine EVER celebrating at a restaurant a la A Christmas Story!

This month, Allrecipes asked us to try out several recipes using Campbell's Kitchen products.  Although they're not the recipes I'll be using for The Big Day (I've got my own tried-and-true recipes for that!) they were VERY tasty, VERY easy, and VERY cost-effective. Definitely something I'd make for a nice warm meal on a Fall evening.  

I tried out...

Swanson's Ultra-Creamy Mashed Potatoes
 (and I have to say, I've always been a firm believer that broth makes everything better!



Quick and Flavorful Vegetables



Moist and Savory Stuffing



and last- but definitely not least- 
Praline-Pumpkin Mousse Cornucopias



Those cornucopias took such little work for such an impressive presentation and they were so SO ridiculously good.  I added some nutmeg and ground cloves into the mousse filling.  

They were so good, in fact, that I sent all but one to work with my husband.  They were too dangerous to have around the house!



 To get any of the recipes I mention simply click on the image! 
 
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertisers are only used for experienced-based reviews on my blog. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!