Template

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Laptops and Wonderful Husbands


I'll admit it- I'm far more attached to my laptop than it's rational for me to be.

I use it all. the. time.

I use it for recipes.  I use it to stay connected to friends and family back home.  I use it to waste time.  I use it for my many, many pictures of food.

I use it a lot- and receive a great deal of chiding from my husband because of it.

So, when my laptop broke (died, went kaput, went into the great laptop beyond) and was beyond saving I was a little...upset (freaked out, panicked, eek!)

After about a week of withdrawals, my husband came home from work WITH A NEW MACBOOK FOR ME!


I didn't ask for it. I didn't have to beg. And he left work during the day and braved Black Friday crowds for it!!!

I seriously, SERIOUSLY married the best man in the world.

Sorry ladies, he's taken.

Anyway, other than writing an ode to my husband, I don't have a whole lot to share with you guys today with the exception of the many pictures of delicious things I cooked while I was laptop-less...ENJOY!

And as usual, just click on the pictures to get the recipes!





These Banh Mi Burgers were great!  My husband absolutely loved these.



I made three batches of these White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies for my husband to take to work the day after Thanksgiving and they disappeared immediately.  I keep getting requests for the recipe!  I did sub vanilla for the brandy.



 These Cranberry Wreaths were my favorite- so, SO easy to make and aren't they beautiful?  They went over very well.  To get the right texture with the orange peel I'd definitely recommend a microplaner.

 I've been making this cranberry sauce for several years, and it will make a fan out of even die-hard cranberry haters.  Very simple recipe and it's almost impossible to mess up!

Stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving- in fact, I'd be happy if it was the only side we served.  I'm a bit of a carbaholic.  Not only is this zillions of times better than something out of a box, but you make it in the crock pot!





I didn't grow up with pecan pie and I'm not much of a connoisseur, but my husband loves it and asked me to make one this year.  I found this recipe and it went over SO well.  I love that it doesn't have corn syrup in it.  I wish I'd made a little more filling, I used a deep-dish pie pan and it wasn't quite as thick as I would have liked.  Notes for next year!





4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try Bahn Mi burgers for a long time, but I can't find a restaurant near me that makes them! I'm so glad I saw your post on Pinterest! I'll be trying this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! The cranberry wreath pic doesn't link up to the recipe :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh! Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed the issue :-)

      Delete

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!