Template

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

So, I Have This Thing For Pineapple...

Really, I love it.  It's not quite the same fixation as I have with chicken salad, but still...oh baby.

I have been known to order a 5 topping pizza and request that 4 of those toppings be pineapple.

No joke.

I love it!
Hawaiian Burgers
Click on the picture for the recipe!


As part of the Allstars involvement with Butterball®'s Turkey Tuesday movement, I chose to make Hawaiian Burgers from the Allrecipes.com site.

In addition to pineapple, I also love sweet chili sauce...and cheese...and turkey burgers...and red onion...so this recipe was pretty much a guaranteed hit for me, right?

Right.

My husband can be a tad bit finicky sometimes.  He'd rather I throw a slab of meat on his plate with some potatoes and call it dinner than actually serve him something delicious that I've taken the time to put together, so I wasn't sure how this would go over- but he loved it!  My 7 year-old is also pretty picky and she enjoyed it too, although I only put a slice of grilled pineapple and the turkey burger on her bun.

I really loved how the flavors came together in this one, and the sauce was so flavorful and super simple (just sweet chili sauce and mayo in equal amounts!).  I used my grill pan to make this, though I bet it would be even tastier on a real grill, which I'll most likely do next time.  I served it with a side of oven roasted potatoes, which worked out perfectly.

This one was definitely a winner with our family!

 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!