Template

Monday, November 14, 2016

Festive White Cranberry Pecan Nutmeg Fudge

This might be some sort of holiday season sacrilege, but I have to admit that- generally speaking- I'm just not much of a fudge fan.

 Its sooooo sweet.  Cloying.  Ugh.  Not to mention that whether I make it or it comes on a cookie plate it often has a funky graininess to it.  Whether it's the recipe or the cook it's not something I enjoy.

Lets just say that- unlike most Christmas treats- it's easy for me to pass on fudge.

Then I saw this recipe.
First of all, it was "faceless"- Allrecipes-speak for a recipe that no one has photographed yet.

If you're reading this right now there's a fairly strong chance that you found your way here via Pinterest, right?

Would you have clicked on over here without a pretty picture?
Of course not!

It's always fun to "face" a recipe- kind of gives a recipe a leg-up out there when it comes to other people giving it a chance.  :-)

Anyway, so this recipe was in need of a "face."  Also, it was simply loaded with flavors that I adore- cranberries, pecans, nutmeg.  Not to mention that I already had almost everything I needed in my pantry.

Guys, this recipe is going to be my new go-to!  I'm so glad I gave it a shot.

That overly-sweet quality I normally despise in fudge?  Totally balanced out by the tart cranberries and nutty pecans.  The rum flavor- oh yes, did I mention this stuff tastes a tiny bit spiked?- and nutmeg lend a grown-up quality to this treat that I adore.

Did I mention it's not grainy either?
Nope, and this might just be the best part- it doesn't start with any granular sugar so you don't have to worry about cooking it until it's smooth.  The base is made up of condensed milk and white chocolate- and since both of those items are already super smooth you don't have to worry about any off-putting graininess.  The original submitter of the recipe said that its also good with other dried fruits and even suggested adding dried apples and pumpkin pie spice instead of nutmeg- can you imagine how yummy that would be in the fall?  So good!

This fudge is beautiful and so festive for the holiday season and so delicious, I can't wait to share it with family over the holidays!


1 tsp butter

3 C white chocolate chips

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1/3 C butter

2 tsp rum flavoring

1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 C sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins®)

1 C pecan pieces

1. Grease a 9-inch square pan with 1 teaspoon butter.

2. Combine white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and 1/3 cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until white chocolate starts to melt, about 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue to microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is completely melted.

3. Stir rum flavoring, vanilla extract, and nutmeg into the white chocolate mixture. Fold in cranberries and pecan pieces. Pour fudge into the buttered baking pan, spreading it evenly into the corners.
Let fudge cool until set, 8 hours to overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!