Template

Friday, October 3, 2014

Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings

I've written, oh you know, a few posts about game day food over the past couple of years- I've got some pretty awesome recipes in my arsenal.   



Though I'm just as thrilled about a plate of nachos as the next person, they don't exactly fit into the low carb way of eating I try to stick with.

I get that low carb may not be your thing, but if you're in the same boat as me- or even if you're not, honestly, because these are delicious- these are absolutely for you.

Let me be clear about something- I can't stand pork rinds.  I don't like their texture.  I'm not a huge fan of their flavor.  When I first heard about using them to replace breadcrumbs in recipes I was kind of appalled.

Buuuuut, well...they work.  Very, very well.

I found the recipe for these Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings over at Kyndra's site, Peace+Love+Low Carb- she has lots of other good recipes too, so definitely check her out if low carb is your thing too :-)

I did adapt this recipe just a little, but not much, and it's pretty outstanding- the leftovers (I doubled the recipe!) were awesome reheated too.

This is DEFINITELY a keeper.
I've been dreaming about them since Saturday and I absolutely can't wait to make them again for this weekend's football watching festivities!

Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings

3 eggs
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 C crushed pork rinds
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 C buffalo wing sauce

1. Trim any fat from chicken and cut into bite-size pieces.  Crack eggs into bowl and whisk them.  In another bowl, combine pork rinds, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.

2. Coat piece of chicken thoroughly in egg.  Dredge through pork rind mixture.  Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.  

3. Heat 1" of oil to between 350 and 375 degrees.  Fry chicken pieces until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.  Allow to drain and cool on paper towel-lined plate for several minutes.  

4.  Pour wing sauce into large bowl.  Add fried chicken pieces.  Toss to coat evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!