Template

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Easy Low Carb Pizza Crust That Actually Tastes Like Crust!

First off, let me apologize for not taking better pictures of this one.  The days are already starting to get shorter, dinner was running later than usual, and I was so excited to try this that I really didn't feel like setting up my crazy Winter-time setup for taking pictures of dinner.


Despite my poorly lit photo (yes, the others were so bad that I didn't include them at all!) this is a recipe well worth sharing.

I'm sure you've seen recipes for low carb cauliflower crust pizzas before- I've made them several times, and yep, they can be tasty!  But there is absolutely no mistaking them for pizza crust and they have to be eaten with a fork- at least the versions I've tried.

I was so excited to see a completely different variety of low-carb pizza crust on a fellow Allstar's blog a month or so ago and I can't believe it took me so long to try it out for myself!

Picture via My Recipe Jouney
Lillian at My Recipe Journey shared a definite winner.  Super simple to make, and it can pass for real crust!  No, it's not yeasty and doughy like a standard pizza crust, but it's dough-like enough and I was able to actually pick up my pieces of pizza and eat them like I would with a normal crust.  Bonus?  It held up well enough that I was able to have cold pizza for breakfast- and who doesn't like that?

This one is going to be a lifesaver- I already can't wait to make it again.  Topped with pizza sauce made from home-canned tomato sauce, this is one perfect low carb pizza!


8 oz. cream cheese
2 large eggs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 C pizza sauce
Desired toppings


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease a 9" x 13" casserole baking pan.

2. In a medium size bowl mix together the crust ingredients until thoroughly combined.  (Side Note: I got scared at this point- it was a goopy mess, but I forged ahead, spread out the goop, and it turned out beautifully when baked!)  Evenly spread the crust mixture into the baking pan.

3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned.  Remove from oven and let crust cool completely, at least 30 - 40 minutes.

4. Add the pizza sauce and toppings.  Bake again for 10 minutes or until cheese browns.  Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!