Template

Monday, September 23, 2019

BLAT Pizza and Healthier Crusts

There's something about a good flatbread or light pizza that's just so satisfying.
Flavorful and delicious without being heavy and greasy.

One of the things I love about the CAULIPOWER crusts (remember from the last post about Vietnamese Spring Roll Pizza?) is that they're the perfect, crispy base for toppings while staying light and not weighing me down.  Plus they're SUPER easy to pull out of the freezer and throw together a meal with- no prefacing of crust required!
I'm all about the easy meals at the moment.

I've got to say guys, this is my 5th semester of college and I'm just not digging this one as much as the others.  Maybe it's because I've been fighting a low-key cold and exhaustion for what seems like weeks now.  Maybe it's because I have other stuff on my mind.   Maybe it's just because I seem to have scheduled a semester that consists (almost) entirely of classes that- while in subjects that interest me- are kind of like the bottom level of that area of interest.

I'm just kind of blah, you know?
I guess we all get blah sometimes.
I just feel like even though we're only a few weeks into the semester I need like a solid week off.
By myself.
With nothing that requires my attention.

I simply do not have the energy nor the brainpower to put into complicated meals at the moment!

CAULIPOWER crusts are legitimately fabulous and have earned a permanent place in my freezer.

After discovering these awesome crusts during recipe development last month, this month I got to put them to use again trying out other people's recipes!
I went with a recipe that my fellow Allstar Angela (I've mentioned her a couple of times, in my posts about Quick and Easy Caprese Chicken and Simple Summer Java Floats) created.  She came up with a super light and fresh BLAT Pizza.
You know...like a BLT.
But with (optional) avocado.
On a pizza.

To be fair, I left off the avocado.
I also used all spinach and left out the arugula.

Not because those sound like they wouldn't be fabulous, but because I wanted my family to eat this too and they're weirdly picky.

This was so yummy!  Light, fresh, and flavorful.
Another win for CAULIPOWER!
{I seriously love these things.  For real.}


1 package CAULIPOWER® Cauliflower Pizza Crust (2 crusts)
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped basil leaves
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 C cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 C fresh arugula
1/4 C fresh spinach
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 avocado, sliced (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

2. Mix mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper together to make the basil mayonnaise.

3. Drizzle pizza with 1/2 of the mayo mixture. Top with tomatoes.

4. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Top with arugula and spinach; sprinkle with bacon.  Continue baking for 5 additional minutes.


5. Top pizza with sliced avocado; drizzle with remaining basil mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!