Template

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Reese's Peanut Butter S'mores Ice Cream

Do you know how long I've wanted an ice cream maker?

FOR-EV-ER.
That's how long.

When my mother-in-law asked me what I wanted for my birthday I was at a loss.  That's always such a hard question for me to answer!
I need a new 13"x9" pan- mine's in terrible shape.
I need new bread pans- two of mine were left at a cabin seven years ago when we got married and have yet to be replaced.
Also...I wanted an ice cream maker.

I know there are a lot of them out there, at varying price points, but I love having attachments for my Kitchenaid, so that's the one that made the list.

Guess what I got from my fantastic in-laws?
Yep, you got it.
I got my ice cream maker!

I decided to break it in over Father's Day weekend.  My husband's only request?
"None of your lavender/chamomile/honey/Rosemary/weird flavor craziness."
Got it.
It was Father's Day after all- my honey/lavender ice cream will have to wait for another hot summer day.
Nope- for my ice cream maker's inaugural journey I chose this Reese's Peanut Butter S'mores ice cream from Jodi at Delectabilities.

Kind of sounds fantastic, right?
It was.
It was beyond fantastic, actually.

First of all- I'm SO impressed by this Kitchenaid attachment!
I read a lot of mixed reviews online so I was a bit nervous, but it turned out to be completely unfounded.  I have never, ever had homemade ice cream so magnificent!
Not to mention it was mess-free since it doesn't require any ice or salt.
I'd highly recommend it based on my limited experience so far!

So this ice cream.
Boy...let me tell you.  It's crazy.
The base is nice because it doesn't require any cooking like many ice cream bases do.  Well, no cooking if you don't count toasting the marshmallows, which I don't.

Toasted marshmallows and creamy peanut butter are mixed into the dairy base, which of course I tasted along the way.
It's fantastic.

The base gets mixed up in the ice cream maker and towards the end of the process chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, crushed graham crackers, and mini marshmallows are added.  By the end of the process you have an insanely delicious soft ice cream however I put mine in an air-tight container in the freezer for a few hours while we were out celebrating Father's Day and returned to the most luscious ice cream ever.

SO.  GOOD.

My family has decided that this is the best ice cream they've ever eaten anywhere, so that was a pretty great way to break in the ice cream maker!

Personally, I can't wait to try out more flavors...I'm sure my family won't mind some of my weird "froufrou"flavors as long as I throw this variety into the mix fairly regularly!


2 1/2 C mini marshmallows, divided
1 1/2 C half & half
3/4 C heavy cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/3 C mini Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
1/3 C crushed graham crackers

1. Spread 2 cups of mini marshmallows on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.  Broil for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.

2. In a blender or food processor, pulse together toasted marshmallows, half & half, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Blend until marshmallows have been incorporated into the milk mixture.

3. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions for your machine.  Add the peanut butter cups, remaining mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers in the last 5 minutes of churning, or when ice cream is soft set.  Serve immediately or place in a freezer safe container, cover and freeze until more hard set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!