Template

Monday, June 26, 2017

One Pot Spanish Style Beef & Rice

Do you know what I don't like?
Dishes.
I have a tendency to use every utensil and dish I own when I cook, and I get so tired of dealing with dishes!  Rinsing them, loading the dishwasher, hand washing, unloading the dishwasher, drying, putting them away...whatever.
There just isn't anything fun at all about dishes, amiright?

Thankfully this dish uses exactly one.

Well, one pot to cook in at least.  There's a tiny bit of dicing involved (though if you're really short on time you could even buy the pepper and onion pre-diced in your produce section!), but that's it.
You're totally golden when it comes to easy cleanup!
So this month I had the opportunity to work with Uncle Ben's® as an Allrecipes Allstar.  When I saw the list of recipes using their rice products I had the chance to try out and saw Spanish Style Beef & Rice I knew it needed to happen.  Quick and easy to make AND great in a tortilla- and we know just how hooked I've been on tacos lately!

This dish starts with browned ground beef and some sautéed peppers and onions.  Add in a can of pinto beans (no need to drain!), Uncle Ben's® Flavor Infusions Spanish Style Rice, some salsa, and water and let it cook for 20 minutes and you have one tasty and SIMPLE meal!

The rice is infused with Spanish-inspired flavors and it cooks in just 10 minutes!
Couldn't be more simple guys.  I was so impressed by how quickly and easily this meal came together.

It was definitely a success- my daughter enjoyed hers on it's own out of a bowl and I decided to use it as taco filling with some corn tortillas.  You could dress it up with a little cheese or sour cream if you wanted but I enjoyed it with just a sprinkling of cilantro over the top.  Yum!

While my youngest is quite the picky eater and didn't share in our feast, he still wanted to get in on the action and asked me to photograph him with the food while I was prepping for this post.

Quick.  Inexpensive.  Easy.  Delicious.
Definitely a recipe worth keeping around!



1 Tbsp olive oil

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
1 C UNCLE BEN'S® Flavor Infusions Spanish Style Rice
3/4 C medium salsa
1C water

2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Tortillas for serving if desired




1. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, add oil and ground beef and fry, stirring occasionally until browned.


2. Stir in onions and bell pepper; continue to fry another 2 to 3 minutes until lightly brown.

3. Stir in pinto beans, UNCLE BEN'S® Flavor Infusions Spanish Style Rice, salsa, and water.  Keep stirring to combine.

4. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.  Garnish with fresh cilantro.


 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.


Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!