Template

Friday, December 9, 2016

Super Easy Sugar Coated Pecans

MAKE ME STOP EATING THESE!!!

Ohmygoodness.
I did not expect these to be this good!

I am blessed to have a fairly steady source of pecans and I generally have some hanging out in the freezer.  Thank goodness, because I LOVE them.
I sub them for walnuts whenever possible.  I add them to salads.  I make cookies.

And now I've made these: Sugar Coated Pecans.
I'm not sure I can think of a better holiday treat or small gift.
They're addictive!
Also?
They're insanely simple.

First you mix a couple of egg whites with some vanilla.
Then you mix in sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix in the pecans, bake, and you have yourself a treat you would have to have willpower of steel to say "no" to!

Snacking perfection- enjoy!

P.S.- I couldn't help but think as I gobbled these up that I bet they would also be phenomenal if you subbed coconut extract for the vanilla and added some shredded coconut in with the pecan mixture.  I'm thinking it would be amazing!


2 egg whites
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 lb pecan halves
1 C white sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 255 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.

2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.  Mix in sugar, salt, and cinnamon.  Add pecans to egg white mixture, stir to coat the nuts evenly.

3. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake at 255 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!