Template

Friday, September 30, 2016

Cool Days and White Chicken Chili

Can I just tell you how excited I am to feel the weather cooling down as we move into fall?

I'm ready for sweater weather, for sure.



Gray days, a chill in the air...it's time for soup.

I've definitely been taking advantage of my crockpot a lot already this month and my soup file is well on it's way to being stocked for the season.  I got my Pumpkin Turkey Soup fix early this year!


I've made a lot of chilis over the years but one version that I had never tried- much less made- is white chicken chili.  It's one of those things I've heard of and keep meaning to make a batch of and just never got around to- until now.

I'm not sure why I waited so long to make this, because it's so easy and so flavorful.  One of those cozy comfort foods that's perfect this time of the year.  It's loaded with white beans, creamy cheese, chicken, corn...  yum, right?  I served mine with warm cornbread.  So good.

This is the perfect meal if you have zero time during the day to get dinner ready- just dump the cans in the crockpot, top with some chicken, and let it go all day on low.  You honestly don't even need to take the time to dice the chicken in the morning, I don't see any reason why you couldn't put the chicken breast in whole and then shred them quickly with a fork just before eating!


1 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
2 (15 oz) cans great Northern beans
1 (15 oz) can white corn
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
1/2 Csour cream
1/2 C shredded pepper Jack cheese, or to taste

1. Layer chicken, great Northern beans, and corn into a slow cooker.

2. Mix chicken broth, chicken soup, green chile peppers, and taco seasoning together in a bowl; pour over chicken mixture.
3. Cover and cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 hours. Stir in sour cream and pepper Jack cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!