Template

Monday, July 25, 2016

S'mores Pretzel Bites and Busy Summer Days

This summer has definitely been a juggling act- I want to be this fun, active mom who plans great day trips full of picnics and great summer memories.  Sometimes I succeed- more often I don't.  While I started out this summer aiming for our weeks to be jam packed with adventures in reality we've been adventuring far less than I had planned.  Between popcorn and housework I'd say I'm averaging a trip to the pool, an out of town adventure, and maybe a library outing a week.

 Life just gets in the way sometimes.
What can you do, right?

Anyway life has also gotten in the way of keeping up with blogging- but not of cooking (still have to feed a family even when things are busy!) so I have a lot of writing to catch up on!

I was looking through recipes this morning searching for some dinner inspiration and I noticed that a few more of my recipes have been published on Allrecipes without me noticing!  Better yet, they've all been reviewed a time or two already.  It's always fun to think about perfect strangers out there making something you've created in their own kitchens somewhere out there.  I may have a bit of a backlog of recipes to share with you, but I'll get through them- starting with these S'mores Pretzel Bites.

Every s'mores-related memory I have is a good one- making them as a child on a summer night by a lake in Minnesota while visiting family, over the grill in our backyard as a kid, helping my daughter make them around the fire pit at my sister's wedding.  S'mores are just happy food.  :-)

A few months back I had the chance to work with Snack Factory creating recipes using their Pretzel Crisps (I have another one to share with you soon!) and I immediately thought of going the s'mores route.  It's just such a playful flavor combination- marshmallow, chocolate, graham crackers...add in the salty crunch of a Pretzel Crisp and you seriously have the perfect little hand-held dessert- especially for summertime gatherings when the heat of the day is enough to keep anyone away from firing up the oven to bake!

I started by topping one half of the pretzel crisp with a heaping spoonful of marshmallow cream.  After adding marshmallow to all of the pretzel crisps and placing them on a parchment lined baking sheet I placed them in the freezer for 15 minutes to get the marshmallow creme to solidify just a little.  After pulling them out of the freezer I dipped the marshmallow-covered side in melted milk chocolate and sprinkled the chocolate with graham cracker crumbs before the chocolate hardened.

They were cute.  I thought they'd taste ok...but they didn't.  They tasted AMAZING.
Ohmygoodness.  Not only were the flavors great but the crisp crunch of the pretzel crisp combined with the light creamy marshmallow cream really pushed it over the edge- they were just fantastic!

My husband immediately made sure I knew that these guys were keepers and he never wanted me to lose the recipe.  Thankfully they're SO simple to make one hardly even needs a recipe to make them! Just to make sure you're covered, though, I've included it below.  Enjoy!


7 oz marshmallow creme
1 (7.2 oz) package Original Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®
4 (1 oz) squares milk chocolate
1/4 C graham cracker crumbs

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a heaping teaspoon of marshmallow cream off center on Snack Factory(R) Pretzel Crisp(R). Place on prepared sheet. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.

2. Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes.

3. Line a work surface with waxed paper. Dip marshmallow-covered half of pretzels in melted chocolate about halfway up. Place on waxed paper and immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Allow chocolate to harden before removing bites from waxed paper, about 5 minutes.


 Disclaimer


I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!