Template

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Cool & Creamy Cucumber Spread Bites

I didn't try goat cheese until I was an adult but it was love at first bite.  I remember that first bite of warm, creamy cheese crusted in ground pecans on top of my already delicious salad.  SO GOOD.  When my favorite restaurant removed that selection from the menu I honestly could have cried...though to be fair, I'm pretty sure that was during the pregnant-and-crying-over-cob-salad days. :-)
 Goat cheese is a lot like cream cheese, but tangier without being overpowering.  It's kind of like a cross between feta and cream cheese actually.  Not that I'm a cheese expert or anything.

It's scrumptious in salad.  Tantalizing on a pizza.  Perfect on it's own with crackers.  Delicious in an omelet.  Delectable with fruit.  If you haven't tried Trader Joe's Wild Blueberry and Vanilla Chèvre you are missing out my friend.
Ok I'll stop.
But there is absolutely nothing not to like about goat cheese.
That being said...if you're a bit on the squeamish side and shy away from goat products or don't care for the flavor you can easily sub cream cheese in this recipe.

Ok, so remember the other day when I wrote about the S'mores Pretzel Bites I made for Snack Factory?  Well, I had a bunch of ideas for recipes using the pretzel crisps and I couldn't choose just one.  After I made up a batch of S'mores Bites for dessert I threw together this Cool and Creamy Cucumber Spread, which is just perfection on a pretzel crisp!  Or any other vessel you can find to get it into your mouth, for that matter.

I started with softened goat cheese and mixed in minced cucumber- though I think next time I make this I'll just do a small dice as one of the reviewers mentioned trying, I think the texture would be even better at letting the cool cucumber shine in this spread.

Now that we've got that delicious cool, creamy tang covered we can add in a little red onion and dill (one of my all time favorite spices!  Try doing a quick search for "dill" over in that search bar on the right and you'll find it in everything from Loaded Egg Salad to a Chicken Broccoli Braid....and more) for yummy flavor and a little kick.  Round out the mix with garlic powder (as always, I recommend Penzey's Roasted Garlic Powder, since it's *amazing*!) and some S&P.

Voilà!
You've got yourself a lightly tangy, perfectly creamy, deliciously cool spread- perfect for Pretzel Crisps but delicious on crackers too.  I just love that lightly salted crisp bite of the Pretzel Crisps to accompany this spread, though.  And don't forget, if goat cheese just isn't your thing you can totally sub cream cheese!


1 English cucumber, minced
4 oz goat cheese, softened
2 Tbsp minced red onion
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder

1. Combine cucumbers, cheese, red onion, dill, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir well.

2. Spread mixture on Snack Factory(R) Pretzel Crisps(R).







 Disclaimer


I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!