Template

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Dip

Two of the most popular things I've ever written about here on the blog were dips- a Warm Taco Dip that has been among the top recipes on RecipeGraze.com for almost a year straight now and a Buffalo Chicken Dip that has been repinned over eight thousand times in less than a year.
I think it's fair to say that you guys like your dips!

With New Year's Eve approaching I thought I'd come up with a new, simple, tasty, delicious, low-carb dip for you guys.

Was that enough adjectives for you?

Anyway, this dip definitely delivers!
I started thinking about what I could dip-ify and I just happened to be having a major craving for my mom's enchilada's
Flavorful enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, and cheesy goodness- I think I could eat it with a spoon!

Of course I recommend serving this with tortilla chips to keep up the Mexican vibe, but it's totally low-carb so you could certainly forgo the chips and serve with celery sticks or even fry up some low-carb tortillas.

It's super easy to adjust the heat in this recipe to your liking- you could easily back off the chili powder and hot sauce or add more depending on your tastes.  As written, it's al little spicy but not overwhelming.

Happy dipping!



3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
10 oz. enchilada sauce
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C onion, minced
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp hot sauce
Tortilla chips for dipping
Optional garnish: 1 oz sliced olives, sour cream, cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients (except chips and garnish) thoroughly. Transfer to an 8"x11" pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!