Template

Monday, June 30, 2014

Patriotic Wreath: Probably My Favorite Craft In the History of Ever

The military changes you.
At least it did me.

I don't come from a military family, and I don't suppose we were hugely patriotic- at least no more so than your average American out there.

I played a small role, I was never even deployed.
But I was part of something bigger than me.
I was part of a family.
I was part of America itself and the amazing group of men and women who protect Her.
It changes you.  It just does.

I don't look at flags the same way anymore.  It's not just an object.  It's such a graceful, stunning symbol of our nation.  It honestly makes my heart swell a little when I see the flag flying.  There's something about the red, white, and blue that inspires pride and reminds me what I was a part of.

I found this tutorial on Pinterest a few years ago for making a patriotic wreath and absolutely fell in love.
Like in love.

I love seeing this on my door when I pull up to my house.  It's just perfect.
via creativecapitalb.com

This wreath is AMAZINGLY easy.
I don't know about you, but I love a craft that I can just work on.
In front of the TV, as a passenger in the car, whatever.
This is that craft.

It's super-simple with greatly satisfying results, really anyone can do it.
via thepennyparlor.com
 You can click here to see the great directions that Sky provides on her site, I'm certainly not going to take credit for her hard work and wonderful idea- plus you definitely want to check out her great pictures detailing the step-by-step of this one.

This really is amazingly simple though, and inexpensive: all you will need is a wreath form (you can even follow this SUPER CHEAP method for making a wreath form!!), felt from a craft store, stick pins, printed paper stars, and a little bit of thin wire.  Nothing fancy at all!

So simple, so inexpensive, such wonderful results- I've been enjoying mine for 3 years now!
Definitely give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!