Template

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Engaging Ideas with Sargento Cheese

One of the things that I most love about cooking is the way it is universal. No matter what the occasion or company, food is the tie that binds. Whether it be a hearty family meal for the holidays or a special meal cooked to impressive a new love, food brings us together. Personally, I adore feeding people I care about and having a hand in bringing them together at the table. This year Allrecipes.com has partnered with Sargento, a company that says that, “for every moment, there’s a meal. And for every meal, there’s a perfect Sargento Shredded Cheese to go with it!”
I have to say, the news that we get to work with Sargento has made me even happier than usual to be an Allrecipes Allstar (if that's even possible)! I mean really...who doesn't love cheese??

Allrecipes and Sargento asked the Allstars to create a recipe for one of life's little moments using Sargento Shredded Cheese and I was assigned a sweet moment that I couldn't wait to get started on- getting engaged.
My mind immediately wandered to engagement parties, celebrations, and delicate Hors d'oeuvres. I jumped right in, and after one flop (lol if you can figure out a way to make spiced apple chutney with cheddar in puff pastry delicious, please let me know) I went back to the basics and had a winner- Easy Caprese Bites. I used simple, tasty ingredients with a classic flavor. Personally, I'm a sucker for anything with the word “caprese” in the name :-)


I started with store-bought mini fillo shells (no hard work required for this recipe!) and made a base of mozzarella and just enough cream cheese to bind it all together into a wonderfully creamy filling. Then I added in crisp, crumbled prosciutto, chopped fresh basil, and diced plum tomato. After filling the fillo shells I baked them to get the cheese all melty and delicious :-)

So. Ridiculously. Good.

My husband easily ate half the batch in the name of giving me well-researched feedback :-)

This could definitely be lightly drizzled with a balsamic reduction as well, however I left it off because my family can be pretty picky.

There you go- in less than an hour you've got a tasty, no-fuss appetizer to serve at any engagement party!

You can find lots of recipes using Sargento cheeses (including this one!) at Allrecipes.com or in Sargento's online cookbook at http://www.sargento.com/cookbook/
 
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertisers are only used for experienced-based reviews on my blog. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! I would have never have thought to try this, but I'm pinning this and going to try and make it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing it! :-) We definitely enjoyed it at our house, hope you do to!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!