Template

Monday, April 29, 2013

Mainly Margaritas :-)

Life's been a little hectic the past few months!  My son turns two next week and he doesn't really talk yet.  I take that back- he doesn't speak any kind of language we understand.  He jabbers incessently, but very little beyond "uh oh" or "dada" comes out of his mouth in any recognizable way.  So, we finally went to have a speech evaluation done and he's now seeing a speech therapist twice a week, an occupational
Cute Baby
My Handsome Man
therapist once a week for sensory issues, and an early interventionist that comes to our home once a week.  Although we're settling into the routine, four appointments a week (3 of which are in another town) was a bit of an adjustment.  Not to mention we're in the middle of a crazy home remodel at the moment and we're doing all of the work ourselves.  I've been staying pretty busy lately!  When Allrecipes.com announced that one of our brand partners this month was Sauza tequila and our assignment was to share margarita recipes with our friends, it could not have come at a better time.  Mama needed to relax a little!
Night Lemon SauzaritaA good friend enjoying her favorite drink of the night!







Sauza Mint MargitoSimple Sauza MargaritaWe had a small group of friends over and tried out 3 different recipes- the Night Lemon Sauzarita, the Simple Sauza Margarita, and the Mint Margito.  All three were huge hits, though the Mint Margito was probably our favorite.  Now I have to admit, I'm not a tequila connoisseur by a long-shot.  It's never been my liquor of choice, simply because it's so…harsh?  I dunno, but that seemed to be the consensus among my group as well- before they tried Sauza's Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila.  In absolutely no way is what I'm about to say related to the fact that they provided us with a bottle to try out…it's amazing.  Even those who were hesitant to drink margaritas were raving about it and asking for recipes for the drinks I prepared.  It's just so SMOOTH!  Totally unexpected.  I was so impressed!

As usual, I've also fallen behind in my posting of recipes I've made lately, so I'll leave you with those as well as the strong recommendation that you head out and try some Sauza!


1 C Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila*
2 C club soda
¼ C fresh lime juice
1 bunch of fresh mint
3 Tbsp sugar
Ice

1. In a small pitcher, muddle together the mint leaves, sugar and lime juice until they start to melt together. Add your Sauza® Blue Silver.

2. Fill 4 glasses with ice and pour cocktail mixture ¾ of the way to the top of each glass. Fill each glass with club soda and garnish with a lime and an extra sprig of mint.


As usual, just click on the pictures to get to the recipe!
Spinach Salad



Italian Seafood PortobellosBroccoli and Cheddar Quiche


Coconut Milk Corned Beef and Cabbage
Baked Chicken and Cheese Risotto
Stir-Fry Chicken and Broccoli





 
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertisers are only used for experienced-based reviews on my blog. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!