Template

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Super Snacks for the Super Bowl: Pulled Pork and Slaw Snackers

Remember my insatiable craving for pulled pork and slaw the other day?
Once I figured out how to make ridiculously good low carb sauce for the pork I tackled the problem of how to eat it since bread was out and I didn't want to just eat it with a fork.

I so found the best solution in the world- when in doubt, stuff it in a jalapeño!

Absolute, football-friendly, deliciousness!

Everyone is going to like this, whether they're low-carb or not, and in my mind that's definitely the best kind of appetizer.  It's not a weird diet-y dish, it's just delicious.

Here's the beauty of this dish- if you're not watching your carbs it's still going to be delicious and it's going to be even easier to make.
You can buy pre-sauced pulled pork and slaw at the store and just throw this all together in a matter of minutes, it's kind of perfect.

Or, if you're like me and you've got a few holiday pounds lingering make my low-carb version.
I used my low-carb Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce on a hunk of pork I threw in the slow cooker and shredded and topped the baked jalapeños with my low carb slaw to finish them off.

I did leave the cucumber out of my slaw recipe, but other than that I left it alone completely.

SO GOOD, and definitely worth making again!




10 jalapeños
1 lb shredded pork
1 C shredded cheddar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Mix together pork and BBQ Sauce.  

2. Slice jalapeños lengthwise and remove seeds.  Place in baking dish and stuff each pepper with pork mixture.  Top stuffed jalapeños with shredded cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes, until jalapeños have started to soften and cheese is melted.

3. Top baked peppers with a spoonful of slaw before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!