Template

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Simple Meals and the Perfect Wrap Sauce

I fall back on wraps fairly often, especially when the weather is warm.  With the veggies and a little lunch meat they're refreshing and satisfying- and very easy to adapt to whatever you happen to have in the fridge at the moment.
There have been MANY nights when I realize my day has been filled with kids and popcorn orders and I'm just absolutely out of time at the end of the day when it's dinner time and my husband is about to get home from work.  Wraps are definitely a step up from a box of macaroni and way tastier, (generally) far better for us, and definitely easier on the pocketbook than having my husband grab fast food on the way home!

 Not to mention they're pretty much the perfect portable picnic food when the kids and I get out of the house for summer adventuring.

I make a darn good wrap.  I mean, not to brag...but...yeah, I'm going to go ahead and brag a little.  I'm kind of the queen of wraps.

I love playing with flavors and textures and wrapping them up in one neat little package.  No matter what I end up putting in the wrap, I almost always start with the same basic sauce- I go through enough of it that I like to keep a little container of it mixed up in the fridge.


Mayo.  Mustard.  Sriracha.  6:1:1.

It's that simple.  If I'm making a wrap for my daughter I might back off the sriracha a little, and you certainly can adjust the sauce to your liking- but overall that 6:1:1 ratio seems to go over really well with just about everyone who tries it.  
It doesn't take much- and no one wants a sloppy, falling apart wrap.  Nope, just a little schmear across the inside of the tortilla before you add the rest of the fillings- maybe a drizzle in the middle of them if you're feeling particularly saucy that day.

It's creamy.  It's tangy.  It's a little spicy.

It just adds that punch of flavor to the meal, and it's super tasty- not to mention all three ingredients are in just about everyone's fridge at all times.  Personally I appreciate any recipe that doesn't require a trip to the store- though this one is so simple that it's hard to even consider it a real recipe!

Keep this one in your back pocket for the next time you're in need of a quick meal!

P.S.- this sauce is also perfect on the Summer Picnic Pinwheels I shared with you!


6 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp sriracha

1. Mix together all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!