Template

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

White Alabama BBQ Sauce Wings

I tried making Alabama-style white BBQ sauce a couple of years ago and it was awful.

I was honestly really disappointed because, from a carb-watching standpoint, it's kind of perfect since it's not loaded with sugar or molasses or any other no-no's.

And, well...I really like those no-no's.

I love my BBQ sauces- you should give this one from our Smithfield campaign a try, it's kind of become my go-to these days!

Anyway.  Back to my story.

So I knew that lots and lots of people love the white variety of BBQ sauce and I'd never had it served to me before.  I really wanted to love it.  I decided to find another recipe and give it a try.

Allrecipes' partnership with Nascar gave me the opportunity to play around a little.  I've been on a bit of a chicken wing kick lately and I thought maybe I could combine a new white BBQ sauce recipe with my wing obsession.

Thankfully it turned out very well!

You can use wings prepared however you like them- fried, baked, whatever.  I used my favorite crispy baked wing recipe but you do you.  ;-)

Anyway, when my wings were done I tossed them with about 2/3 of my sauce until they were coated evenly and threw them back in the oven for about 5 minutes so the sauce could bake on.  I reserved the rest of the sauce for dipping.

So good.
I'm glad I gave white BBQ sauce another chance because this stuff is delicious!

Seriously, these were a wonderful way to mix things up and still get great flavor and a little heat without coating the wings in the standard thick/sweet/spicy sauces.  I was impressed- and I'll definitely be making these again!


1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar (or Splenda)
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 lb chicken wings, prepared

1. Preheat oven to 450° F.  Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, chile powder, cayenne powder, lemon juice, horseradish, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cumin together in a bowl until smooth.

2. In a large bowl, add 2/3 of sauce to prepared chicken wings and toss gently to coat wings.  Place sauced wings on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.  Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.





 Disclaimer


I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!