Template

Monday, October 14, 2013

Game Day Snacks

Until a few years ago I avoided football (most sports, really) like the plague.

    I didn't grow up watching it, so I didn't have much fun sitting there staring at the screen not understanding what was happening.  Three years ago I set out to change that and started watching it pretty much whenever it was on.  Am I the world's biggest fan?  Not by a long shot.  Do I pick my "favorite" teams based on such arbitrary things as which uniforms I think look the nicest?  lol oftentimes yes.  Nevertheless, I'm at the point where I actually enjoy watching now.  I'm not always SUPER into the game, but sometimes I enjoy the tradition it has become more than anything.

Also, it means I get to cook :-)
You have to have snacks while you're watching sports, right?

Even if the answer is "no" I'm going to pretend it's "yes" because I love having an excuse to cook up a bunch of good stuff :-)

Yesterday we had my stepson and his wife over to watch a couple of games and I took the opportunity to complete a couple of my Allrecipes assignments this for the month.  In addition to Splenda we also partnered with Johnsonville sausage and Ore-Ida this month.
Am I a lucky girl or what?

The first dish I made utilized both Ore-Ida Waffle Fries and Johnsonville Mild Ground Italian Sausage. I used Johnsonville's recipe for Chiliville Chili from the Allrecipes site to create chili cheese fries.  
YUM!!

I didn't follow the recipe exactly (do I ever?)- I cut back on the beans and replaced the diced tomatoes with salsa, but other than thatI left it alone.  It would be delicious on it's own (and I have leftovers, so I'll definitely be having a big bowl of it for dinner!), but it really was perfect on the fries.  I topped them with shredded cheese and diced onion.  I stood in the freezer section of the grocery store looking at all of the Ore-Ida varieties trying to decide which to use for this, and I'm glad I went with the waffle fries.  They definitely hold up well to the chili!

Next I got a little creative and made nachos- only I replaced the tortilla chips with Ore-Ida Tater Tots®. I melted Rotel in with Velveeta to make a perfect (non-gourmet but undeniably tasty) cheese sauce.  Then I added ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, sour cream, diced onion...you could really add whatever you normally like on your nachos to this one.  I'd definitely recommend using Tater Tots® this way and I'm sure I'll be making this dish again.

What's your favorite game day snack?  :-) I need some ideas for the rest of the season!

 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!