Template

Monday, July 31, 2017

Satay Chicken Pizza and Very Long Days


I love peanut sauce- pretty much on anything.

 The first time I made it was as a dipping sauce for Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls, which I would have sworn up and down I had written about years ago until I went back to find the post to link to a minute ago and lo-and-behold it just doesn't seem to exist, so FYI that will be coming soon.

The picture for those spring rolls will be super old (actually it will pre-date this computer because I just stopped to check to see when I took it and evidently the only place I even have a copy is on Facebook from five years ago...) but the recipe is worth sharing.

Sorry if I'm being a bit ramble-y...my parents flew home from their visit this morning, which always leaves me a big, messy ball of emotions.  I'm kind of out of sorts.  Add to that the fact that I've been up since 3am and I've driven an hour in one direction long before sunrise to take them to the airport, an hour back, and then two and a half hours in a completely different direction to pick up my husband's new car, then two and a half hours back...I'm toast y'all.

I'm so much toast I just said "y'all", guys.

That's how tired I am.
I need sleep and wine.  Maybe not in that order.

Possibly some unhealthy food and family cuddle time thrown in there as well.
Boy have I gotten off track!

Ok, so back to the peanut sauce- have you ever had peanut sauce?

It's flipping amazing.


A little heat, a little sweet, a little savory, a little nutty...


It's just wonderful.


I like it as a dipping sauce, tossed with asian noodles and veggies, and now?


As a sauce for my pizza.

Five years ago when I came up with this recipe for peanut sauce and it was published on Allrecipes I knew I loved it, but I'm always a little nervous about how other people are going to feel about my recipes.  The vast majority of the recipes I've had published have gone over very well, though I have had one or two that weren't quite as loved (I'm looking at you Pumpkin Spritz Cookies).
I'm always a little nervous about how other people are going to feel about them.
Thankfully, this recipe is holding steady at 4.5 stars out of 5 with 19 reviews, so I feel pretty good about it!
 I made Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls for my parents a couple of weeks ago with peanut sauce for dipping (of course) and it reminded me just how much I love the stuff, so I searched for other ways I could use it and I came across this recipe for Satay Chicken Pizza.

So SIMPLE!

It starts with pita bread, so there isn't any pizza dough to mess with.  It's just topped with peanut sauce (of course I used my own recipe, but you could just as easily use store-bought), chicken breast, a little red onion, a bit of shaved carrot, some cheese, a sprinkling of cilantro...super simple guys.

My husband, the carnivore, kind of ate it begrudgingly, but whatever.
I loved it.  My daughter enjoyed it.
And if you like peanut sauce?  I have a hunch you'll like it too!

4 pita bread rounds
1 C prepared Thai peanut sauce
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and thinly sliced
1/4 C thinly sliced red onion
1/4 C shaved carrot
4 slices provolone cheese, torn into pieces
1/4 C chopped cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220 degrees C).

2. Spoon 1/4 of peanut sauce onto each pita. Top each pita with 1/4 each of the chicken, red onion, carrots and provolone. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle each pizza with cilantro.  Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes outside of oven before you cut with a pizza cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!