Template

Friday, July 14, 2017

Frozen Caramel Coffee

I try to avoid coffee places...but not because I don't like coffee.
Far from it, actually.

No, I love coffee.
Especially those drinks that *true* coffee lovers turn their noses up at.
Give me a sugar-laden flavor-of-the-season any day of the week!

While I certainly enjoy a warm drink during the colder months, for most of the year my biggest temptation is anything iced or frozen.  Flavored, loaded with syrup...yeah...I don't avoid coffee places because I don't like coffee.
I avoid coffee places because my waistline really can't handle my lack of self control.

Sure I tell myself that I'm just going to order a regular coffee.  Something strong and dark.
Then the next thing I know I'm staring down a very large drink with a very large swirl of whipped cream on top.  Possibly some kind of chocolate shaving on top, as if the whipped cream wasn't enough.

You might wonder why I'm telling you all of this while you're staring at pictures of a coffee drink that is 1)topped with a very large dollop of whipped cream and 2)dripping with caramel.

I can understand your confusion.  Just stick with me for a moment.

So since I've had the opportunity to try out all three of Gevalia's Cold Brew Iced Coffee Concentrates over the last couple of weeks both my husband and I have become completely hooked.  It's delicious, and such a refreshing way to have our morning coffee when it's already getting hot outside when we start our day.

The best part, though, is that we can make these delicious frozen and iced treats and have complete control over what we're putting in them.  He's been using skim milk with just a touch of sweetener in the House Blend most mornings.  Remember that Simple Summer Java Float I shared with you?  I used low calorie ice cream for a relatively guilt-free treat.  Even this *spectacular* beverage I'm sharing with you today was easy to adapt- skim milk instead of whole, Splenda instead of sugar, sugar-free caramel syrup...
Is it diet food?
Decidedly not.  But is it leaps and bounds better than what I would normally order when craving a treat like this from a coffee shop?  Oh my yes!
I could have easily left off the whipped cream and caramel drizzle too if I wanted to as well.

So this drink is super easy to make- milk, Gevalia's Cold Brew Iced Coffee Concentrate, a little caramel syrup, sugar (or sweetener), and ice go in the blender.  Top it with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel (or not!) and you have one over the top fabulous drink that's perfect for hot summer days!


1/2 C Gevalia® Cold Brew Concentrate - Vanilla
1/2 C whole milk
2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
2 tsp white sugar, or to taste
16 ice cubes
1 Tbsp whipped cream
2 tsp caramel ice cream topping, or to taste

1. Place cold brew concentrate, milk, 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream syrup, and sugar in blender; blend until mixed, 5 to 10 seconds. Add ice cubes and blend well, about 5 seconds. Pour into a glass.

2. Serve topped with whipped topping and a drizzle of caramel syrup.

 Disclaimer
I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!