Template

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Showing Johnsonville A Little (More) Love

I've been lucky enough to work with Johnsonville through the Allrecipes Allstars program a few times now, and each and every time I'm blown away by their generosity, awesome attitude, and great product.

Last time, I shared with you how impressed I was with their gratitude towards their customer base and generosity to thousands of people, not just the hundred or so of us working with them through Allrecipes.

This time, I have another personal "oh my word, I've never come across such an awesome company" story...
So a month or so ago, I was being cheap.  The store brand of Italian sausage was on sale, and I got sucked in by the price.

My husband- not knowing I'd made a brand switch- was like, "something is wrong with this sausage!"

It was greasy...mealy...unappealing- the total opposite of the quality Johnsonville product that we've grown accustomed to.

Anyway, fast forward to my next shopping trip- I went to grab a couple of packages of Johnsonville and low and behold the store had raised the price considerably.

Like, enough that I kept on walking and decided not to buy the sausage at all.  Thankfully they've since brought their prices back down, but at the time the price was kind of ridiculous.

I emailed them, telling them what an awesome product they had, and asking if they had coupons available.

Less than 30 minutes later my phone rang- it was a very nice lady from Johnsonville.  They had an issue with the form I submitted on their site and had gotten all of my information but my mailing address and needed to know where to send my coupons.

Seriously.  LESS than 30 minutes.
How many companies do you know of that care about their customers' happiness that much?

Anyway, so we're working with Johnsonville again this month, and needless to say I couldn't be happier.


Johnsonville has an awesome Pinterest sweepstakes going right now (one which I unfortunately don't qualify for given my affiliation with them through Allrecipes- but you guys sure do!) where they're giving away Simply Calphalon 12-inch covered stainless steel skillet and two free coupons for Johnsonville Italian Sausage to 20 people.  Click on the picture to find out how you can enter!

As Allstars, we were challenged to switch out the protein in a recipe with Johnsonville Italian sausage- and that recipe could have no more than 6 ingredients, excluding water, salt & pepper, and minimal cooking oil.

Keeping things simple, but yummy- you know?

I picked Colette's Smoked Sausage Frittata, and I have to say it was a big hit.  Way bigger hit than I expected it to be, to be honest!

It's super simple, and I was really tempted to add seasonings (because I can't leave a recipe alone...) and some more veggies.    But I didn't- in order to stay true to the theme, I left the recipe alone.

Here's the thing- I love that I could have added everything but the kitchen sink to this.  Mushrooms, peppers, different seasonings, whatever.  This is the perfect "tomorrow's payday" or "I'm way too lazy to run to the store" meal.

And it was wonderful.

I was actually REALLY surprised at just how great it was for having so little in it!  The only change I made was to switch out cooked and cubed Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage links for the smoked sausage.  My husband even took the leftovers to work the next day!  Let me just tell you, normally he would find the thought of reheated eggs pretty abhorrent, but not this time.

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again- Johnsonville is a wonderful company with a true understanding of the importance of taking care of their customers AND they have a superior product. I don't normally go all out raving about every company I work with, but Johnsonville stands out from the crowd and continues to exceed my expectations and really blow me away!

Give this frittata a try the next time you're looking for an easy recipe- and don't forget the Johnsonville!

Colette's Smoked Sausage Fritatta
From Allrecipes.com

1 1/2 cups smoked sausage, sliced-- I used cooked and cubed Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage Links
1/4 cup diced onion
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cook the sausage and onion in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat until the sausage has browned, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease from the skillet. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the sausage with 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese, then pour the egg mixture overtop.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese, and return to the oven until the cheese has melted. Cut into wedges to serve.

 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Sunny Days With My Loves. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Nora.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!