Template

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bodacious Broccoli Salad

It's finally warm here in Tennessee!  We've hopefully seen the last of that nasty, never-ending Winter we just experienced.  Spring and temperatures in the 70's really couldn't have arrived at a  better time as my daughter is on Spring Break this week.  Last night we took advantage of the beautiful weather to grill out for the first time this year.

Ahhh...sitting outside in shorts, playing with my kiddos, sipping a glass of wine with a book on the back porch after dinner...so nice after the Winter we just experienced!

Although grilling out often lends itself to side dishes I love like beans, bread, and corn I'm low-carbing it these days and tend to stick to (delicious!) grilled veggies and salads.  One of my absolute favorites is Bodacious Broccoli Salad.

I totally can't take credit for naming this awesome salad, but it seems like the silly kind of name I'd give something (Deliciously Delightful Deviled Eggs anyone?).

However silly the name, this is one awesome salad- I really can't believe I haven't written about it before!  It's a staple around here during the warmer months...

It's loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, cheese, and BACON with a creamy and tangy dressing.

It's is SO good- I've yet to serve it to someone who didn't rave about it, honestly.  Not that I can take any credit since the recipe isn't mine.  :-)

Give this one a try- I can pretty much guarantee it will become a fast favorite for you too!


8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
1 small head cauliflower, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

1. Mix broccoli, cauliflower, Cheddar cheese, onion, and crumbled bacon together in a large bowl.

2. Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar, ground black pepper, salt, and lemon juice in a bowl until thick and creamy. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

2 comments:

  1. Love the name and I love a good broccoli salad!! Looks delicious Nora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of our favorites, definitely worth making!

      Delete

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!