Template

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Turkey-Chorizo Sliders with Pineapple-Mango Salsa

Remember that Polynesian Grilled Shrimp that I found in Allrecipes Magazine?
Well honestly...the most recent issue was seriously a treasure trove of recipe goodness.
In the same column in which I was featured not all that long ago another community member shared their go-to recipe in this issue- Turkey-Chorizo Sliders with Pineapple-Mango Avocado Salsa.

OMG right?
Right.

It caught my eye immediately and I just knew I had to make it.

Soon.

So I did.  :-)

Have you ever made turkey or chicken burgers?  The consistency is a little...soft.
Chorizo?
Also a little on the soft side.
Which is seriously not a big deal.  At all.
It's just something to know going in.
The uncooked patties are not quite as...solid...as their ground beef counterparts.


They are, however, simply loaded with flavor.
The patties themselves are great.
Phenomenal, actually.
Then they're topped with pepper jack...and you can't really go wrong with pepper jack.

You didn't think I was done there, right?
Nope, we're not even close to done.

Next comes the Pineapple-Mango salsa.
Much like the Pineapple Salsa I made not all that long ago, this salsa has a very tropical feel and just a touch of heat.  It's so well balanced and yummy- load up any leftovers on tortilla chips, I promise your taste buds will thank you!

(P.S. Need help cutting a mango?  It's honestly easy once you know what you're doing, just click here!)

The original recipe called for avocado.
I bought avocado.
I'm normally a pretty advanced avocado-picker...not this time.  They were rotten.  I left them out.
Honestly?  Didn't miss them.  Include them if you want...whatever.

It's delicious regardless!

Oh...then there's the buns.
King's Hawaiian...need I say more?
No.  I think not.

Yet I will.
Ok, so I love King's Hawaiian.
Everyone does, right?
I could seriously devour a whole loaf of that stuff.
Ummmm....I may have actually done just that at more than one time in the past....
It's just phenomenal stuff.
Plus the company is great- I've contacted them before to tell them how great they are and to share my post about Roadtrip Sandwiches and they've sent coupons and a handwritten note.
One of those great companies you just feel good doing business with, you know?

Anyway, so you take these super flavorful patties.
You top them with pepper jack cheese.
You add some amazing tropical salsa.
The whole thing goes on Hawaiian rolls.

What is not to like???

That's right.
Nothing.
Nothing is not to like.
Eat.  Enjoy.

P.S.- Subscribe to Allrecipes Magazine like yesterday.  It's cheap and amazing.  I'm totally not being compensated for that endorsement at all.  It's really just a great magazine!



Turkey-Chorizo Sliders with Pineapple-Mango Salsa

Patties:
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb chorizo or soy chorizo
1 diced sweet onion
1 tbsp pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Salsa:
1 pineapple, chopped finely
2 mangoes, diced small
½ red onion, diced finely
½ jalapeƱo, deseeded and finely chopped
½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp lime juice

12 slices pepper jack cheese
12 King's Hawaiian Rolls

1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for patties.  Form into 12 slider-size patties and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.


2. Mix together all salsa ingredients.  Set aside.

3. Set your grill to medium heat.  Place patties on the grill and let cook 5-7 minutes on each side until turkey is fully cooked.  Right before you take the patties off the grill, add your slices of pepper jack cheese.  Alternately, preheat oven to 375°F.  Cook sliders in oven on baking sheet for approximately 12 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F.  Add cheese slices to patties just before removing from oven to allow them to melt.

4. Serve patties on King's Hawaiian Rolls and top with salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!