Template

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Best Blue Cheese Dressing On The Face Of The Planet

I have such a hard time with my husband and his lunches.

If I pack them, 9 times out of ten he tells me he was too busy at work to eat and whatever I pack comes right back to me with a promise that he'll take it again the next day.
If I don't pack them, he complains and spends a bundle going out to eat several times a week.

I can't win.

Well, a few weeks ago I started seeing a bunch of charges on our bank statement for a sandwich place near my husband's office.  I'm not crazy- I don't care if he goes out to lunch every once in awhile any more than he minds if I do.  But several times a week for something that I can make a better version of at home for way less money?  Ugh.

When I asked him about it and offered to start packing him a lunch again the truth came out...he'd just been hooked by the blue cheese dressing.  He went on and on, waxing rhapsodic about the amazing blue cheese dressing this sandwich shop has for their salads.  How he has to order extra dressing because sometimes the chunks are so big they take up half of the little dressing cup.

He needed this blue cheese in his life, regularly.  He couldn't help himself when it came to his visits to this sandwich shop

So I did what I do best- accepted the challenge.
I promised that I could make him a blue cheese dressing from scratch that would blow the other stuff out of the water.

Oh boy did I.

Creamy, tangy, flavorful, and CHUNKY.
This stuff is so good.

He fell in love with my dressing- in fact, he went through the first batch so quickly that he asked me to keep a gallon of it on hand in the fridge at all times.

Well, we definitely can't go through it THAT quickly, but point taken and I've made sure to make small batches often.

Coming from a blue cheese lover, this is definitely the best blue cheese dressing I can recall eating.  It's so easy to make, I'm fairly sure I'm done with the store-bought variety for good!

P.S.- Try this stuff with my Low Carb Boneless Buffalo Wings- so much yum!


3 Tbsp buttermilk
3 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
3 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 oz blue cheese, cubed

1. In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder until smooth.  Gently fold in blue cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!