Template

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ok, so I did it yet again…

I've neglected my blog and have a huge backlog of photos to post with absolutely nothing tying them together.  *sigh* Sorry.  I've pared it down to my favorite photos from the last couple of months and I promise to do better in the future!  For now, I hope you enjoy the random pictures I have to share today :-)  

As always, clicking on any picture will take you to the recipe!


Sonora Chicken- this was so easy and delicious!  Turned out so well, will definitely be trying this one again.

Sonora Chicken Casserole



Easy Dinner Hash- not the healthiest thing I've ever made, but super easy to make at the last minute and pretty tasty too!



Easy Dinner Hash


Fry Bread Tacos- my husband is a taco FANATIC.  I like to make new things and don't often make the same thing twice, so this was a nice (and easy) way to shake things up and take care of his taco fix.



Fry Bread Tacos


Venus de Milo Soup- this was a huge hit in our house for all of us, which doesn't happen often.  My daughter can be kind of picky- as can  my husband- and every once in a while you find that magic dish that meets in the middle for both of them.  This was a definite keeper!


Venus de Milo vegetable beef soup


Cornbread Muffins- delicious, easy, classic.  Not much else to say!



Cornbread Muffins


Garlic Ginger Chops- oh wow.  So very very good!  Make sure you use thick-cut chops!



Garlic Ginger Pork Chops


Asian-Style Chicken and Vegetables.  This one was a great jumping off point, and another easy one to boot.  An easily adaptable recipe.



Asian Style Chicken and Vegetables


Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce- The salmon was fabulous, as was the sauce.  Another winner with my husband and I.  I have to say, we both felt that the sauce and the salmon, although good together, would have been far superior on their own without both competing for the spotlight.



Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce


And drumroll please...the desserts!


I made two cookies recently that were both fantastic.  Light Dreams and Butterscotch Icebox Cookies.  The Light Dreams were tiny, crisp, almond-flavored delights.  Just sweet enough.  The Butterscotch Icebox Cookies were sweet, but not cloyingly so.  The pecan definitely mellowed the sweetness.  My husband ate 6 in one sitting if that tells you anything ;-)



Light Dreams cookies


Butterscotch Icebox Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!