Template

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Take Way Too Many Pictures

I haven't just been baking lately, I've been doing plenty of cooking for my family too.  I've tried out some really delicious recipes and (of course) taken pictures.

I'll be honest…I love to cook, but I might love taking pictures of food even more.

Sometimes I'll make a recipe just to take a picture of it.

lol I'm not normal

Anyway, I just posted about all of the Christmas fun I've been having so I don't have much new to say, but I did want to share these pictures and recipes with you!  

My husband loves chili dogs.  Though he is quite a sport about putting up with a never-ending barage of new recipes, there are two things he consistently asks for- chili dogs and tacos.  I'd yet to find the perfect chili recipe for hot dogs, so I decided to try a new one.  This one came pretty close to perfect and is going to be my go-to recipe when he requests chili dogs in the future!




My daughter can be a pretty picky eater, but I've discovered that she enjoys tortellini and have been trying to cook with it more often.  I made this Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup and she (as well as the rest of us!) loved it.  Another winner!







Then came the Cheesy Chicken Rolls…these were fine.  I think with some tweaking they could be really good, but to be honest I wasn't enamored with them enough to try them again.


Tonya's Rich and Creamy Beef Stroganoff.  The night I made it my family thought it was ok, but it didn't look like one I'd be making again.  There were plenty of leftovers, though, and my husband took it in his lunch the next two days.  lol according to him it is PHENOMENAL after the first day as the flavors develop, so it looks like it was a hit after all.






Last but not least- the Creamy Peanut Butter Refrigerator Pie which I made with my favorite graham cracker crust.  My daughter really enjoyed crushing up the graham crackers into crumbs for me while I worked on the filling.  The consensus is that the pie is A-MA-ZING…but super rich, so you don't need a huge slice :-)

Anyway, this is likely to be my last post before Christmas (and probably before the New Year) so MERRY CHRISTMAS from our family to yours!!

As always, just click on the picture to see the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!