Template

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Grilling Chicken and New Sauces

When my husband asked if he could take me out for Mother's Day I said "yes."


To be honest, I really had zero desire to adult.  Normally I would jump at the chance to whittle down my ever-growing list of bookmarks on Yelp, but after going full speed ahead with studying and finals for the past couple of weeks while simultaneously trying to manage my tooth pain until I had time to get into the endontist's office for a root canal, I was just kind of done.  I wanted to stick close to home and become very familiar with my couch.

So a couple of days after he asked me about Mother's Day I asked if he would mind terribly if we just stayed home, grilled out, and watched movies.
Of my choosing, of course, because it was Mother's Day and everything.

Thankfully, he was understanding.
It doesn't hurt that he's pretty much always up for manning the grill.

So I prepped ribs, chicken, and salmon (ribs and chicken for my carnivorous family and salmon for me), macaroni salad, and french bread, picked out some movies, and called it a day.

I picked Jurassic Park and Return to Oz. :-)

Great Mother's Day.
Superb in fact.

My go-to for grilling chicken is this simple sriracha marinade that I've made about a million times over the past few years- it's simple and delicious every single time.  That being said, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes and this Chicken Barbecue Sauce caught my eye recently.  I decided to give it a try when we grilled out yesterday and thankfully it did not disappoint.

I had honestly not intended to marinate the chicken, I was just going to have my husband baste the chicken with it as it was cooking.  But then I saw how thin this sauce is and decided if I really wanted the flavor to stick around it wouldn't be a bad idea to marinate it too.  I ended up reserving a little for him to baste as it cooked and using the rest to marinate the chicken.  Since this was a last minute decision it only got to sit for a couple of hours- I think next time I'd probably let it sit overnight.  Either way, it was delicious and so easy to throw together.  I never in a million years would have thought to use these ingredients.

Egg.
Yes, it has egg.  I don't know why, I don't know what it accomplishes, but it accomplishes something so I'm not knocking it.  :-)

Aside from that there isn't anything too crazy- apple cider vinegar, oil, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.  Mix it all up and let that flavor permeate your poultry.

"Permeate your poultry."
That kind of has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Anyway.
Bottom-lining this, the marinade is delicious and simple and a nice way to mix up grilled chicken without slathering on a thick, sugary sauce.  I'll definitely be using this recipe again!


2 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 C cider vinegar
1 Tbsp salt
1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1. In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, oil, vinegar, salt, poultry seasoning and ground black pepper. Blend together and baste on the chicken when grilling, or marinate the chicken in the sauce in the refrigerator for 1 to 1 1/2 hours before grilling.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!