Template

Monday, May 26, 2014

Super Simple Spicy Grilled Chicken (This Is What You Want For Dinner- I Promise!)

I have a confession to make- I've literally subsisted on almost nothing but this dish for an entire day lately- often.

I'm on a food jag and I just can't shake it.

I like spicy food- but not those super-hot-OMG-hot-for-the-sake-of-being-hot foods.
I like hot with a purpose.  Hot with flavor.

I like sriracha.  A lot.  If you've read many of my recipes you'll see that I've used it in everything from egg salad to Loaded Baked Potato Soup to salmon.

Well, relatively recently I convinced my husband we should take advantage of this beautiful weather and grill out, but I was completely unprepared food-wise.  As he was getting the grill started, way too late in the day to actually marinate anything, I threw this together.  Like, literally was throwing sauce on the chicken as he was heading out to the grill.
It was amazing.
I've made it no less than 6 times in the last few weeks, sometimes marinating it all day just because I was getting a head-start on dinner, other times tossing it together at the very last minute- no difference.  Totally wonderful every time.

But here's the best part...remember that coleslaw I wrote about?
Yeah, that.
Make it.

Grab a tortilla (this is my favorite "healthyish" tortilla at the moment), add some of that coleslaw, then add this chicken.
Enjoy.
That flavorful heat from the chicken works PERFECTLY with the tangy, cool flavor of the slaw.
It's a match made in heaven.

It's so good...I dare say leftovers are even better,  I don't even bother reheating the chicken.
So freaking yummy!!!

Anyway, on to the recipe, if you can even call it that- make it early, make it late, whatever- just make it!


2 lbs chicken breast strips
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C sirracha
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt

1. Place chicken breast tenders in resealable bag and add remaining ingredients, toss to coat thoroughly.  Cook on outdoor grill until internal temperature of 165 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!