Template

Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Snacks for the Super Bowl: Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños

I think we've been over my penchant for stuffing things in jalapeños when I'm looking for a low carb option.

Kind of the perfect, flavorful vessel for getting goodness into your mouth when crackers and chips are off limits, you know?

Since my husband and I have been doing the low-carb thing again since the beginning of the year I definitely found myself exploring my jalapeño options when I was looking around for Super Bowl options this week.  I didn't want anything breaded and to be honest I've done the bacon thing.

Since I was already browning a package of Italian sausage for the Lasagna Stuffed Mushrooms and I wasn't going to be using all of it I decided to go with these Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños so I could use up the extra.

Good decision.  :-)

First of all, I'll just lead with the fact that these are delicious.  However that's really not even my favorite thing about them- no, my favorite thing about them is how super easy they are to put together!

I was so tired on Sunday.  I'd considered staying home from church but finally pulled myself off of the couch at the last minute and ordered my family into high-gear to get themselves ready.  After we got home from church all I wanted to do was flop on the couch and stay there in my pj's all day but I made myself push forward with the yummy snacks I'd promised everyone.
I'm so very glad I went with a simple recipe because I was definitely not in the mood for a time-consuming super involved dish!

They come together super quickly after you slice and prep the jalapeños themselves- plus these would be really easy to prep early if you want to do everything ahead of time and just throw them in the oven just before you're ready to eat.

Low carb, easy, and delicious- a winning combination!

1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 (8 oz) bottle Ranch dressing (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

2. Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.

3. In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each jalapeno half. Arrange stuffed halves in baking dishes.

4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with Ranch dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!