Template

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Three Cheese Tortellini In No Time At All

You know how sometimes you just need to get dinner on the table?

Preferably a good dinner- though I'm sure we all have the occasional  boxed-macaroni-and-a-can-of-veggies nights.

There's really something to be said for a yummy, filling meal that you can have on the table super quickly.

Well, this is totally it!
Bonus points?  My husband AND my daughter both enjoyed it, and the two of them belong to completely different culinary fan clubs.

This month's Allstars partnership was with Barilla, and although they have a ton of recipes that look yummy over on Allrecipes I wanted simple- lol I've been insanely busy making popcorn and keeping up with the kids' holiday activities lately.
I'd say pre-made tortellini and easily doctored pasta sauce fit the bill pretty well.  :-)

I played with the seasonings in the sauce a little to suit my families tastes, but other than that (and using shaved parmesan rather than shredded because that's what I had on hand...) I left the recipe alone.

Definitely yummy, and on the table in less than 20 minutes.

I'm literally sitting across the table from a popcorn mountain at the moment- between orders and gifts for friends and family I've been one busy popcorn popper lately.  Add in the normal mommy stuff and I was scrambling just to get dinner made by the time my husband got home from work.

Unfortunately, by the time I had dinner ready my light was totally gone.
I know that sounds ridiculous, believe me.

When most people are completely overwhelmed with trying to care for kids, keep up with the house, and get dinner on the table the last thing they generally find themselves worrying about is whether or not there's enough natural light left to take a picture of dinner.

Call me crazy.  I set myself up in the hallway with another one of my crazy lighting setups, this one beneath my son's easel with my super bright clamp lights.  Are they the best pictures I've ever taken? lol No.  No they are not.

"So mom...um...I think it might be time for an intervention..."
But I did get a delicious dinner made and some halfway decent pictures of it taken in well under half an hour start to finish- and that, my friends, is a win in my book.


1 (12 ounce) package Barilla® Three Cheese Tortellini - Family Size
1 (24 ounce) jar Barilla® Traditional Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
4 basil leaves, thinly sliced

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the Barilla Traditional sauce with butter, salt and pepper.

2. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce.  Remove from the heat and add cheese and basil. Stir to combine.
I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog. The

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!