Template

Friday, February 21, 2014

Simple Salmon with Dill

I like Winter- I like snow, and cozy sweaters...but I'm ready for warm weather.

I'm ready for short sleeves and shorts.

I'm ready for school to be out so I can spend tons of time having adventures with my daughter.

Another thing?  I'm ready for it to stay light out long enough for me to take pictures of dinner without elaborate lighting setups.

I don't feel crazy taking a quick shot of dinner on the back porch during the Summer- I feel slightly funnier pulling out clamp lights and setting up lighting arrangements on the kitchen countertop during those Winter months when my good light is long gone by the time dinner hits the table.

Such is life for a food blogger, though!

I'm not sure why, but I've been craving salmon like crazy over the past few months.  A lot.

One of my crazy Winter-time photo setups :-)
In order to keep my meat-and-potatoes loving husband from getting tired of eating it I have to mix things up flavor-wise, so I've been trying out a few new recipes.

I already introduced you to that yummy Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce a couple of weeks ago (oh my goodness that one is good!) and today I have a new one for you- Salmon with Dill.

Dill and Salmon go together very well (oh hey, I've written about that before too! lol) and this is one super-easy recipe.   I did modify the recipe just a little, lately I've preferred my salmon cooked on the stovetop than in the oven.

Rather than adding the seasonings individually I mixed them into the butter and let them work their magic- I also decided to add a little lemon juice while I was at it.  

This meal packs such great flavor for so little work- definitely an easy weeknight meal!


1 pound salmon fillets or steaks
2 Tbsp softened butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil

1. Mix together butter, salt, black pepper, onion powder, dill, and lemon juice.  Spread butter over flesh side of salmon.

2. Heat skillet over medium heat.  Add olive oil to pan.  Add salmon filets, skin side down.  Allow to cook for 4 minutes, then flip. Cook for another 4 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!