Template

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Chocolate-Dipped Cookies and Fabulous Reviews

Ladies and gentlemen, there is an absolutely ludicrous amount of sugar in my home at the moment.

So many cookies.  So much snack mix.  So many tubs of frosting in the fridge.

A few weeks ago, before my house had been inundated by sugary holiday madness, I created a recipe for Allrecipes.  I ate some, I froze some, I sent some to my parents, I called it a day.

I just happened to notice that Allrecipes published my recipe and clicked on over to see it.
Ummm...guys, it has 9 reviews from the last two days alone and every single one of them is glowing.

Talk about an ego boost!
Well world, I'm glad you're enjoying them!

I thought I'd share the recipe with you since Allrecipes users seem to be enjoying them so much at the moment.

I hope your holidays are magical and your cookie trays are full!

Merry Christmas.


2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/3 C white sugar
3 Tbsp orange zest, divided
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 C butter, softened
Milk (optional)
4 oz milk chocolate, melted

1. Combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter and beat until mixture resembles crumbs and starts to stick together. Work until dough sticks together and forms a smooth ball that is not sticky, adding milk if mixture is too dry. Press into a disk shape and wrap in wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes

2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Lightly flour a clean countertop. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake cookies in the preheated oven until bottoms are lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Line the countertop with wax paper. Dip tops of cookies into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place cookies on the wax paper and immediately sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon orange zest. Let dry.

1 comment:

  1. Well long story short, I was looking on Pinterest for an apple bar recipe, found your Apple Slab Pie pin and then came to your blog. Wow...loved your recipes and was even happier to find that you're mom to an adorable ASD guy! I am aunt to one and he is now heading to his 11th birthday and enjoying life to the max. I remember the early days when he was just a little guy with no eye contact, no words, and constantly moving. We were lost because we were at the start of a journey that we didn't know how to navigate. Skip ahead these last 10 years and he is attending regular classes on his own and loving it. ABA therapy has helped greatly and his mom, dad, and sister are always there for him. Still a few meltdowns and crappy days here and there, but the good days outnumber the bad ones by far. My eyes have been opened to the many cool things that come with a diagnosis of autism! Looking forward to more great recipes and your sweet boy's life!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!