Template

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms

A few months ago Allrecipes asked me to develop a recipe using Diamond Crystal Salt and I came up with super yummy (and easy) Roasted Asparagus with Sea Salt and Parmesan.  I loved how it turned out- and that my daughter loved it too!

Well, since I helped them out over the summer they asked the other Allstars who created recipes and me to make a recipe from their collection.  There were a lot of yummy recipes on that list- everything from Easy Cashew Sea Salt Toffee to Salted Naan Sticks with Mango Chutney.  The choices definitely ran the gamut, but they all sounded so tasty!

In the end I decided to go with Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms- I was trying to stay at least a little bit on the lower carb end of things... and I'm a sucker for a stuffed mushroom.  :-)
Ok.  First of all, I was blown away by the filling in these guys.

Thankfully the recipe makes a little extra, because I found myself eating it with a spoon as the mushrooms were baking.

So good.
The recipe needed a little tweaking...the cook time needed to be increased, the amount of salt needed to be decreased, but other than that I left it alone.  I've included my minor changes in the adjusted recipe below.

I like how easily adaptable this recipe is- larger mushrooms would make this a great main dish, smaller mushrooms would make this an outstanding appetizer, and the medium-ish portobellos I used made them a great side dish!


1 pound medium button or mini-bella mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium yellow onion, minced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 cooked boneless chicken breast, finely chopped
1 tsp Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup whipping cream (can sub half&half or milk)
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 C shredded parmesan or mozzarella

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms, but do not discard. Using a small melon baller, scoop out insides of mushrooms, leaving at least half shell to allow more room for filling. Finely chop mushroom stems and centers.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken, chopped mushrooms, Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt, and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Blend in flour, cream and 3 tablespoons parsley. Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place in lightly oiled, shallow baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and garnish with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.  Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot and cheese melts. 

 Disclaimer

I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!