Template

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

I've been on the lookout for new soups as the weather has gotten colder and stumbled across the idea of bacon cheeseburger soup.  

Interesting...enough to pique my attention, at least...

So I searched.  I scoured the internet- Google, Pinterest...looking for the PERFECT cheeseburger soup.  Some were thickened with flour, some had potatoes, all variations on a theme.

I finally settled on a version that wasn't bulked up with a bunch of extra carbs and sounded yummy.  Of course, I can't help but to mess with most recipes...I taste and play with ingredients until I'm happy with it, and this recipe was no exception.  I'm including my version at the bottom, but Laura from Real Mom Kitchen gets the credit for the original version for sure!

This is a fun recipe, certainly not gourmet, but tasty and kid-friendly.  More filling than a Quarter Pounder and more flavorful!

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
3 C chicken broth
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
10.75 oz cheddar cheese soup
1 C shredded cheddar
3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 C dill pickle reslish
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp mustard
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
16 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled

1. Heat olive oil in pan.  Add ground beef, onion, and garlic.  Cook until beef is browned and onion is tender.  Drain grease.

2.  Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese soup, shredded cheddar, worcestershire, relish, ketchup, mustard, black pepper, and salt.  Cook until heated through, about 20 minutes.  Top with bacon before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!