Template

Friday, August 9, 2013

My Biggest Problem

Hi, I'm Nora, and I'm a junkie when it comes to food photography.  I rarely make anything that I don't photograph before serving, or at least save a serving of to take a picture.  Therefore, it can be extremely hard for me to decide what images to share with you!  I've tried really hard to narrow it down to a few of my favorite photos/recipes this time so I don't overwhelm you.  It's been a summer full of fun and millions of doctor's and therapists appointments for little man and I've had zero time to sit down and write anything out- meaning I had a HUGE number of photos and recipes to dig through in order to pick a few favorites.  Enjoy!

As always, all pictures link to the recipes!

Asian Zucchini Chicken Burgers
Click on the picture to see the recipe!
First off, let me just say that my family hates zucchini.  Little man won't eat it, his sister won't eat it, my husband DEFINITELY won't eat it, and to be honest...well, I'm not such a fan myself.  So why did I plant FOUR zucchini plants in the garden this year?  I haven't a clue.  Not a smart move.  Anyway, they've been extremely prolific.  I have 50 cups of frozen/shredded zucchini, 9 pints of zucchini relish, 7 pints of zucchini pickles, I've given some away, I have more on my counter, and I still have more growing!  I had to do something, fast.


These were the answer!  My aunt clued me in to the fact that you can add 2 cups of shredded zucchini to a batch of burgers (beef, chicken, turkey, whatever you're making) and no one can tell.  I put an Asian twist on my recipe, but you could certainly just add it to whatever.  Even meatloaf would be awesome!

Seriously.  Extra nutrition, a way to use up extra zucchini, and they are moist and delicious!  They're going to be a staple around here for a while if I ever want to get my freezer space back :-)

Ham Salad
Click on the picture to see the recipe!
Next up? A recipe called Winter Blossom's Often Requested Ham salad from Allrecipes.com.  Ham salad is not something I'd ever had before and it didn't sound very appetizing, but my husband's been asking me to make it for years.  Glad I did!  He had a sandwich, I used mine as a filling for stalks of cucumber.  Delicious!  
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Salad
Click on the picture to see the recipe!

Something that always makes me excited is seeing people make recipes I've had published- and love them!!  It is absolutely thrilling.  I'm a sucker for pretty much any variety of chicken salad and I created this one, published on Allrecipes as "Bangin' Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Salad."Yum yum yum.  Chicken, bacon, blue cheese, hot sauce...I've made it quite a few times, and it's nice to see other people like it too!
Walnut Pecan Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Click on the picture to see the recipe!

I made several loaves of this Walnut Cinnamon Bread to send with my husband on a business trip a couple of weeks ago.  He and his colleagues from across the country rented a huge house in Minneapolis for the week to talk business and apparently this bread was a staple- to snack on, yes, but also toasted with butter (I can vouch for the amazingness of that one!) and also turned into phenomenal french toast when it was a couple of days old.  Glad they liked it!  I did sub pecans for walnuts.

Banana Bread
Click on the picture to see the recipe!
So, there's this recipe for banana bread on Allrecipes that has over 7,500 reviews and still maintains an almost 5-star rating.  It is so wildly popular that there is actually a ROOM NAMED AFTER IT at Allrecipes HQ in Seattle (I know, i saw it with my own eyes!).  I had never tried it myself, but saw a bunch of overripe bananas looking back at me last week and gave it a try.  I have to say, 7.5k people aren't wrong!  Yumminess.







Cheese Enchiladas
Click on the picture to see the recipe!

Last, but certainly not least, is a recipe near and dear to my heart.  My mom has made these cheese enchiladas since before I was born and now I follow the same recipe.  They are simple.  They are gooey.  They are delicious!  You can definitely add other filling (I've done shredded, seasoned chicken) but they are wonderful as-is.



Well, that's it for now, I hope you give some of these recipes a try!  They really are wonderful.  :-) I'm off to cook dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, we want to hear them!